Windows 8, Will you be updating?

SolDios

Will you update?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will you update?

• Yes!
    • I'l stick with Seven

For me I think it's going to be like when vista came out, all the hype will sync down and they will realize that a touch interface doesn't work with a keyboard and mouse.

I mean you even have to click and drag off the standby screen, not just push a button on the keyboard like you used to.

Because that would be crazy.

You're opinions?

For me I think it's going to be like when vista came out, all the hype will sync down and they will realize that a touch interface doesn't work with a keyboard and mouse.

I mean you even have to click and drag off the standby screen, not just push a button on the keyboard like you used to.

Because that would be crazy.

You're opinions?

Not for a year or so, i would still be on xp if it wasnt for the new directx amongst other things.

It will gain momentum.

Is shit at the start but what a lot of people don't know is there is keyboard shortcuts you can use instead of the touch interface. Once you learn those its not as bad

But no I don't have a reason to upgrade and won't be upgrading my win7 gear, however I will put it on a test computer so I know how to use it and can troubleshoot it effectively

It will gain momentum.

Is shit at the start but what a lot of people don't know is there is keyboard shortcuts you can use instead of the touch interface. Once you learn those its not as bad

But no I don't have a reason to upgrade and won't be upgrading my win7 gear, however I will put it on a test computer so I know how to use it and can troubleshoot it effectively

Of course it will gain momentum when most vendors will sell their new computers with it installed.

The money is in the phone/tablet sector now, which is no surprise in the direction of 8, but still thought they would have considered desktops more.

A Service pack is a major update where they fix a heap of bugs and bring some new features (which many won't notice).

I just put win8 onto my mac in dual boot, will have a little play with it when I get some time and let you all know. Seems fairly decent so far

I didn't upgrade, i put it on a separate partition.

Want to test metro apps as i'm tossing up between a surface RT and an iPad.

Also need to learn my way around, as being in IT industry, sooner rather than later customers will buy devices with it and we will be expected to fix them

Updated my dell exams to be win8 certified and for some of the new hardware coming out.

Sure alot of you have seen / heard about the surface:

fd732655-e260-4059-b05c-a40093696060.jpg

But noticed this new offering from Dell - XPS 12:

http://www.dell.com/au/p/xps-12-l221x/p ... l=en&s=dhs

xps-duo-12-convertible.jpg

Starting at $1500 with a 3rd gen 2.6ghz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 1280p 12.5" full HD display running full version of windows 8 (not the metro only RT version).

More expensive model configurable up to 3rd gen 3.0 ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and the same full HD display.

Windows 8 is getting hardware manufacturers to think in new ways, and new hardware like this is a good thing and keeps the tech market moving forward

That seems pretty awesome, on a touch screen device the OS would work. But having to change tabs with a keyboard and mouse by clicking and dragging up from the bot left hand corner over and over until you find the right one seems arbitrary.

Umm there is keyboard shortcuts to replace all that which makes that mouse statement Irrelevant

Also drc1, you can't bring back the start bar on stock install, there is 3rd party utilities for it though

Also drc1, you can't bring back the start bar on stock install, there is 3rd party utilities for it though

Akk... Ok. Thought I saw in that vid I gave you last night an option that looked to be disabled for the RTM version they were using?

What's the media centre like? Any changes worth noting? If so I am more likely to upgrade my HTPC than my desktop.