How to get smooth transitions.

what overit said is also referred to as phrasing

is it?

I thought phrasing was lining up musical phrases over several bars... such as taking two basslines that both last 4 bars, then lining them up so they start on the first beat of their phrase together.

Whereas arrangement mixing is setting two songs up so a whole break follows a breakdown.

So an arrangement mix will only happen if phrasing is correct, but getting phrasing correct will not necessarily = a suitable arrangement mix.

Educate me if wrong pls :)

https://soundcloud.com/sunturday/practice-transition-4

I know it's bad, hence I really need some advice.

I'm newb myself.... But in this I would have aimed for that second melody to kick in on the beat around 0:22 ie soon as the synths in the first song stopped. But without actually hearing it I can't be sure, but to me that would be the ideal phrasing. There would be some overlapping of tunes, which is a good thing if it sounds ok and where mixing in key plays a big part.

edit: Not sure what you are using, but on my S4 I probably would grab a 2 bar loop of just the beat of the first song at the end which would allow me to fade it out longer maybe drop the beat out completely a bar o two before it kicks back in on the incoming song..... Just my thoughts.