Post your setup

addystah

@ Lurk6r sick setup, how much did that cost ?

I'm thinking of hiring these the House Party Lighting Pack:

http://www.djlightsoundhire.com.au/hire/

But basically what I've seen in most setups is there isn't enough light on the DJ so he/she just seems like a silhouette when he/she is meant to be the life of the party. Any back lighting tips or such to make the DJ more visible but still keep some lights on the crowd?

@ Lurk6r sick setup, how much did that cost ?

2x dmx led astro globes/quiver (depending on whos manufacturing it) - $100 each (altough I started with one and it cost me $200, now their $100 at dj city)

2x 15w ebay mini moving heads - $360 for the pair

big laser - $200

2 mini lasers - $30 each

I use a heller remote powerboard to with double adapters to control it., $50

truss $100, but i got it second hand and it came with some other lights as well.

aldi smoke machine $40

But basically what I've seen in most setups is there isn't enough light on the DJ so he/she just seems like a silhouette when he/she is meant to be the life of the party. Any back lighting tips or such to make the DJ more visible but still keep some lights on the crowd?

I'm assuming your going to also use a truss. Personally I like to have over my table so the mini moving heads can sweep on/behind me. I suppose you could get a pair of cheap led flat pars and have them at each end of the truss facing you on.

• 2 weeks later...

Some older ones

223437_420101194737691_1462165985_n.jpg

377613_420101301404347_1243700864_n.jpg

seriously dont want people too focus TOO much on the dj. i find instead of having dedicated lights simply crack a couple of glow sticks. i have some glasses that ive painted with glow paint so they glow in teh dark which is cool. if im really keen, ill wear white and rig a uv panel above me but that is rare