speakers

Robbo123

i guess tthere be around 50-100 people always and will also be used at home in my garage to practice...

i will be hiring my speakers at first and then want this for at home and parties around 50 people when i dont think its good value to hire....

http://www.djcity.com.au/sound-gear/pow ... ve-speaker

only 100 bucks each and i guess al i would need is rca going from my mixtrack to one of the speakers and then rca cables from one speaker to the other...

that simple? and are they good speakers for small house parties and at home...what is weird and this may be so silly is that if they both have a built in amp as theyre active..does that matter or not..

worth it or not...

looking to spend under around 350

cheers

You're not going to get anything decent for $350 man, seriously.

It's like wanting to buy a bag of Corn chips for 50c

For a basic PA setup, you're looking at $700 for two 15"s with tripods.

Seriously, those speakers will distort like crazy if you try to turn them up, or just sound like complete rubbish.

Seriously, for basic house parties, just hire. You can pick up a half decent setup for $100 a night.

You will find they will have very poor quality and volume compared to anything you will hire. I would also not be able to trust them to not blow.

For 350 you aren't going to get anything actually half decent speaker wise that I would confidently use.

As for each having their own amp - that is fine

The behringers will be pretty crap as well, really better off hiring for peace of mind, less financial outplay, higher quality equipment and their problem if it fucks up or blows.

The key difference here i think is you are planning regular full on parties or more gatherings where the music doesnt have to be pumping.

I always use my 400 hifi as it has 150W RMS speakers and a 200 RMS sub, plenty for a having a mix or a bit of music, of course if i do a proper house party i will hire, and the new PRX JBL systems the good places like DJ Warehouse have are so good.