fussy people

Robbo123

got another gig at a house party and she tells me that shes already hired lights and smoke machine and that she already has speakers, so i ask if theyre powered she says they run through an amp.. my question is how can i get my mixtrack pro to run through these non powered speakers, is it a 2 rca into the amp or do i need a single rca to one speaker each or what

thanks as always

yehhh fair enough ill ask..asked and she said home system but its in the celinging of a patio on her back deck thing and the amp can be moved around, i have no idea im going to look at it

so much easier to pay me 80 bucks and ill get them top o the line shit

She may not know what an XLR or RCA is so just ask her for the make and model of the amp, google an image or manual for it and find out what you need to take for yourself.

golden rule - fussy customers get crap service, if it's getting too complicated, let a cowboy do it badly.

my mates been to her house before and said the speakers are actually decent, but i dunno and yeah thanks for the comment ^^ shes sending me a picture of the back of it so i can see what i need, hopefully its rca to rca, or even rca to xlr as i can get a cord for that, i wont need any connections from my mixtrack to the speakers aye

I'd say audio out 1 and 2 are assignable to the hdmi or component, you are left with audio 5 (which is being used already) but most home amps will have another rca (red blk and yellow) input on the front for gaming consoles, you could use that no probs.

Obviously you will also have to select AV 5 as the input on the front of the amp.

and spend alittle time testing various combinations of volumes on your mixtrack adn the amp so you get the loudest possible without distortion. Then turn down a bit so you have room to turn up later on when the volume is really needed.

Obviously you will also have to select AV 5 as the input on the front of the amp.

and spend alittle time testing various combinations of volumes on your mixtrack adn the amp so you get the loudest possible without distortion. Then turn down a bit so you have room to turn up later on when the volume is really needed.

top tip Over's, I learned this the hard way at a mates wedding, all was good till everybody had heaps of liquid loud, then the house amp at the function centre had no more to give LOL!

Yeah...try the AV input 5 first (and select it using the button/knob on the front of the amp). If that doesn't work then remove the RCAs from an input that is currently being used and is known to work. Exactly as Gremmis said. If anyone comments on the lack of volume, or heaven forbids you kill the amp or speakers, tell them to hire some powered PA speakers next time. Make it also very clear to them that you are not responsible for any damage to their equipment!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...