in the market for new laptop ( not Mac )

MoreSleep

get a ma.... ohhh :okay:

:teef: but for realz I had an asus which lasted me from 2006 to late last year. never skipped a beat (admittedly I kept it on XP)..

only thang bad was battery died after about a year, which they replaced. but I found it was always pretty shyte for battery power.

but in terms of specs, it benchmarked better then the macbooks that came two years after. I guess the other thing in buying an asus do your research! they have heaps in jb but they are always the low to medium end. there are a gazillion and one models each year and not all of them get to aus. so check out the asus international website to figure out which is the best of the best at the mo

XPS range is good, but pushing out your budget and only getting a 128GB hdd on that

http://www.dell.com/au/p/xps-13-9333/pd ... ps-13-9333

Lenovo Thinkpad T440 may be more in budget

http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/ ... ries/t440/

I'd pick the base model on the left (no touchscreen), then bump the RAM up to 8GB

then depending on budget, i'd do some the following:

-bump the processor up as far as you can

-screen to HD

-HDD up to 1TB

-OS to windows 7 pro (if you prefer it over win8.. personal preference).

-Warranty to 3 years onsite warranty (extra 300 bucks, but someone comes out to your house/work next business day and fixes something if it breaks). Warranty is a bit iffy, but I'd personally always go with it for peace of mind as I see plenty of stuff break working in the industry

Really just depends on where you wish to invest your money.