mixer has no input signal showing and no output either??

wrxfiend

Ok, got a second hand mixer from spitfire, he had only used it once or twice. He had to get a replacement power transformer for it as the other was misplaced.

A same voltage, correct polarity unit was obtained, the mixer powered up with leds lit up.

As soon as i got it home, i didnt check it first (dumb dumb) just got stuck in and ripped out the stock fader, checked compatibility with my innofader, which was all good, installed innofader, checked correct plug alignment with the innofaders onboard diag test, which lit up green for good.

Hooked it up to my serato box first, and had no output, so to test logically i plugged the turntable directly into the mixers phono in put, and put on some normal vinyl, still nothing.

At this point i thought maybe the fader was not compatible, so refitted the stock unit, still nothing.

My speakers are fine, and i am getting a pop if i touch the rcas which are running to the speakers from the mixer, so no problem there.

The mixer states that it requires 12v 1.0 amp power input, but the new power transformer is 12v 1.5 amp, now to my knowledge this shouldnt matter, as devices only draw the current they require, and there is enough amperage on tap.

I am usually able to figure most things out but this has me stuffed?????

In no way am I upset or blaming Spitfire, to the best of his knowledge is was working fine when he last used it, and as the power lights lit up when he checked the new power supply, we both assumed it was fine.

I am now going to open her up and check for maybe a dry joint on the board, but i struggle to understand why there is no input or output, I have had faders and mixers stuff up before, usually dropping a channel, or introducing noise but not just nothing at all?

Any ideas guys??

:duh:

I called a techie friend of mine and he picked it straight away. The power adapter Spitfire was sold was 12v 1.5amp DC whereas for some strange reason the Stanton mixer requires 12 1 amp AC this is strange, as almost all small electronics with transformer packs run low voltage DC.

I guess it can power up the leds and some parts of the mixer, but not the audio side, maybe Duz can shed some light on that for me?

He also may know if this would have damaged the mixer, I'm guessing no, because there are no burnt tracks on the board, or burnt components, there is no smell and it hasn't smoked and when I was turning it on and off, i could here a normal switching pop coming through the headphones.

Im off to jaycar tomorrow to get the right power adapter, fingers crossed shes not fried! [-o<