slipmat recommendation?

shamrock

hey all,

just wanted to ask you about your opinion on slipmats. i have 2x stanton 150s. they both came with their original stanton slipmats that i feel are a little too 'sticky' for my liking, but i'm getting used to it slowly.

i've heard of butter rugs, but are they TOO slippery?

my level - beginner

my use - predominantly mixing and very elementary scratching whilst cueing/mixing

thanks again

sk

I use the orig ones that come with my decks, But i take a plastic sleeve from a record (the one that protects the vinyl, not the bag the cover is in) and cut it in to two record shape circles then put them under my slipmats, makes all the difference!

yeh for straight out mixing i dont think you need them.

i achally find the stanton platters slippier than the techies. and with the torque on the stantons you need to press pretty damn hard to make the platter go slower than full speed

so for straight mixing all you need is to be able to hold the record in place while not slowing down the platter .

• 4 months later...

Yup, wax paper or plastic sheet under your mats are only needed if you're doing mad scratching actions … if you want to soft cue, mix, etc just get yourself a decent pair of mat.

I would recommend rather thin and dense polyfibre or felt mats -- polyfibre mats last longer, on felt mats the center hole wears out rather quickly and they start fluffing up after a while. Definitely stay away from screen printed mats as they can damage your vinyl!!

Check out the links in my footer ->> we have a range of designs of premium quality slipmats available, straight outa Melbourne!