USB audio interface - What do you have?

dflux4

Managed to get mine cheap cheap cheap from a mate a looong time ago -

Roland Edirol UA-4FX

Hasn't skipped a beat, has phantom power, interesting EFX and a few input/outputs. Ideally I'd like more in/out, but can't really justify it at the moment.

I have always used a pci card from M audio called the Delta, but have recently purchased my Native Instruments Z2 mixer which has built in usb sound card. Not sure what to do with it yet as im basically using the mixer as a stand alone unit with my serato SL1 interface.

Thanks for all the info guys much appreciated. I wouldn't want to be spending anymore than $350 max but would like to have enough inputs to eventually have a maschine, midi keyboard and mic running off it, outputting to my monitors and eventually a sub (not sure what else u would output to?)

I have my eye on this ATM http://www.djcity.com.au/scarlett-6i6-f ... -interface

Obviously the less I spend the better but this time round with gear I want to buy new quality items that will last at least 3/5 years.

Mbox mini does what it's supposed to. Has an xlr mic in and a 6.5mm jack in, then 6.5mm outputs. For 50 bucks it's great but for 250 you could get a focusrite with more IO and have had solid reviews from ppl I know

Will link when on comp.

To be honest though a maschine is just midi into comp, keyboard is just midi into comp, unless you multitrack recording from multiple interfaces at once, a soundcard is just for processing and outputting to your monitors, so you don't need anything overkill. Would be better investing the money you save elsewhere

To be honest though a maschine is just midi into comp, keyboard is just midi into comp, unless you multitrack recording from multiple interfaces at once, a soundcard is just for processing and outputting to your monitors, so you don't need anything overkill. Would be better investing the money you save elsewhere

not always…with audio interfaces , if you pay a little more you get a lot more

you need to look at what you are going to use the audio interface for ….hardware &/or software control ..

I have two USB audio interface's …..my Vestax pbs4 …record anything audio and video{ inputs, JACKS for mic's and instrument's , RCA audio, AV, VGA, HDMI audio & video }…

3 channel audio & 4 channel Video video..stream it to the web live

And in my studio i,v got a Roland sonic cell…..its so dope. its not only a good USB audio and midi interface its also a 16 channel midi sound module ( plug any midi keyboard or pad controller to it and you get a midi device with the power of the Roland fantom g6 with 1000s off Rolands G6 sounds and synths…you can change sounds and instruments by card...) and runs in your DAW as a VST instrument , The VST has its own 16 channel mixer for EQing and EFXs for each instrument/sounds thats playing from sonic cell and the VST plugs into 16 channels off your DAW recording software )

The Focusrite seems to be the way to go in terms of cards, I've read loads of reviews and they always make it to the top of the list. But I have only question..

How does the sub get added to this combo later on? I'd imagine Left Monitor is one Output, Right Monitor is another. Would you need 3 atleast to cater for the sub?