Buying Music on Discogs

OxyKon

Was just curious if anybody has ever done this, mainly for vinyl?

There is some music from a label that didn't really go anywhere with selling mass production and it looks like it may have went on a long hiatus or even went under, i've been trying to find this labels music for a long time and have noticed that some of it is available on Discogs. It looks like Paypal is available for transactions but my main worry is about getting ripped off.

yeah nice, most of the sellers seem to have 100% selling ratings and have also noticed they're required to rate the quality of the media which is helpful, I've placed a small order of only $30 from a seller in the US, will see how this all goes.i might have a new addiction starting lol

thanks for the feedback guys

Big Ups!

• 2 months later...

I've only ever had 1 bad experience and that was few years ago when a seller told me the record I was buying off him had a scratch on it (this wasn't in the media condition description). He asked me if I still wanted it, I said no so he then gave me a negative rating and said he hadn't received payment. That's the only negative rating I've had and it brings my buyers rating down.

Ive tried to appeal this many times but nothing ever gets done to remove it.

i only use discogs for records that you can't get in stores anymore, the record that i'm waiting on is a breaks record (classic) from about 6 years ago, everything else i've ordered including an original LP of Mobb Deep Infamous is mint condition. Like russell and i have quoted, there is only a few dicks on the site

Depends what sort of shipping you ask for, standard shipping is usually 2-3 weeks and is around $20 on top of the vinyl costs

i dont really like spending more than $10 on a record unless its an album then i may go to $15. and tbh even $10 for a 12" single i'm not a fan of

i had a quick browse yest.

i like looking for the ones where its the same shipping cost for 2-3, as i think shipping 3 at a flat rate is where it evens out.

i found from europe a few that ranges from $14 -$18 for 3.

the only problem is, i could never find 3 i like from one seller! so i was'nt going to pay $14-$18 for 1.

i dont really like spending more than $10 on a record unless its an album then i may go to $15. and tbh even $10 for a 12" single i'm not a fan of

There's just some records out there though that you're not gonna get on the cheap though.

Most I've paid for a record was around the £50 mark.

And looking at my collection stats (I only have fraction of my collection listed on discogs) the most valuable record I have is Kalisha - 'Don't Need A Lover' which has a max price of £53.28.

There's just some records out there though that you're not gonna get on the cheap though.

Most I've paid for a record was around the £50 mark.

And looking at my collection stats (I only have fraction of my collection listed on discogs) the most valuable record I have is Kalisha - 'Don't Need A Lover' which has a max price of £53.28.

yeah im sure there are but for what i look for i wouldnt pay much

guess its like shoes. some wouldnt pay more than a hunge, but if i like a shoe id pay $2-300 (retail, i dont pay reseller prices for shoes)

well after 2 months waiting i got home from work yesterday to a surprise of the last piece of wax waiting for me from Canada

Nothing better than coming home to a delivery.

I've been waiting on an order from Portugal for about 5 weeks. First one went missing and to be fair to the guy he just replaced them and sent them again. There was one he didn't have so I swapped that for another. Good service.

Still waiting on the new delivery after 1 week. Postage from Portugal/Spain is a nightmare at the best of times though.