Tutorials from a Rat

LabRat

So thanks to Pending for the reminder, I've uploaded my first (pretty average) tutorial. It's about reverse reverb. it's a pretty easy trick to do but for the beginners it could be a bit tricky to work out.

I figured rather than just posting 1 video, I can use this opportunity to help this wonderful community. I don't claim to be an expert in everything, however if you're seeking help you can ask me here and i will do my dandiest to help out and get a video up for it if need be

• 1 month later...

Nice tutorial man :thumright: pretty straightforward and goes right to the point. I've been looking for a tutorial for vocal chops so it's good that I found one.

Only thing I could criticise is providing a good preview of what the final sample would sound like in an actual song. Would be useful as a reference for viewers.

Nice tutorial man :thumright: pretty straightforward and goes right to the point. I've been looking for a tutorial for vocal chops so it's good that I found one.

Only thing I could criticise is providing a good preview of what the final sample would sound like in an actual song. Would be useful as a reference for viewers.

yeah defs include a final sample. nothing shit me more than watching a video only to find out the guy has no idea what he is doing and his final product is shit

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I would love a no fuss vid on warping too. I've got this mashup I wanna do and the bpm's are off by about 2bpm.

I'm also super curious at the back end of samping - trying to figure out how to describe this..

Like in a project, you load up the track and start sifting through the waveform, you find parts you want to keep, what are you doing after this, do you chop it, chuck it on another track so you can see just that part. If it's something you wanna keep how do you structure this for easy identification in another project.. lik ehaving one of those moments "Fuck that sound from this track would go dope on this" then tracking that down.

If this makes any sense?

Dude, I would love a no fuss vid on warping too. I've got this mashup I wanna do and the bpm's are off by about 2bpm.

I'm also super curious at the back end of samping - trying to figure out how to describe this..

Like in a project, you load up the track and start sifting through the waveform, you find parts you want to keep, what are you doing after this, do you chop it, chuck it on another track so you can see just that part. If it's something you wanna keep how do you structure this for easy identification in another project.. lik ehaving one of those moments "Fuck that sound from this track would go dope on this" then tracking that down.

If this makes any sense?

Yeah mate I get ya. I may do it a little bit differently but I'll do my best to explain it. I've always been super confused about warping for some reason. A mate showed me but it looked super complicated. I should know all this stuff in a week :)

• 2 weeks later...
for people wondering how to Warp in Ableton. This is a way i've figured out how to do it by talking to people and watching how others do it. hopefully this is the easiest, less daunting way

send it to matt zo, didnt he need help

:teef:

Haha really? He can look on YouTube just like everyone else lol