Production competition idea

JonnyB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

has a pack been done up for this? i might do one up over the weekend if their still isn't one. will comprise of

lead synth riff

bass synth riff

drum loop

and maybe a few effects (sweeps etc)

I'll just take them out of some sample packs maybe? i dont think any one will mind i'll advise everyone of what packs they are from or something so you can purchase the pack if you wish to try get it signed etc.

gonna be kinda hard to judge, seeing as music is subjective and we all like different kinds of music....

Thats why it works on DSF, cause they're all in the same mindset ya feel?

i recon this could possibly work to our advantage. dunno how...but i recon it may haha

i think the reason it works so well on dsf i because they have 1000's of active members

too limiting if you set genre. that was the fun of it, a set of samples and see who can make something out of it.

and yeah we all have different ears, though i think a lot of us appreciate a wide variety of genres.

who's judging anywho. we should get some folk who prob wont hop on like Andrez and J-Slyde.

i mean we only doing it for tips and props right.

maybe you can set which genre it's gonna be in? that way when your genre comes around you're all pumped, but it will push your skillset when it's a genre you haven't dealt with much

it's a challenge we're after innit?

yeah but i dunno how many people would be up to makeing all genre's like ill be reletivley open, but if trance/hardcore/gabba/ or any of those high energy genre's come along, cant see myself having a go, and due to the limited amount of producers we have, we should keep it as open as possible, maybe in teh future when we have a decent amount of producers

my 2.33333333cents

see below.

did any one read this. will have it up around monday.

has a pack been done up for this? i might do one up over the weekend if their still isn't one. will comprise of

lead synth riff

bass synth riff

drum loop

and maybe a few effects (sweeps etc)

I'll just take them out of some sample packs maybe? i dont think any one will mind i'll advise everyone of what packs they are from or something so you can purchase the pack if you wish to try get it signed etc.

just going off a few dsf rules.

how about to those that enter, all mix's get sent to Cupe and he puts them on adjf soucloud as a set names (entry 1, entry 2, entry 3) so that the people who did them are all kept secret untill a winner is anounced? will add a bit of a surprise :)