WHICH IS THE BETTER MIDI CONTROLLER?

Cidious

Hey i am looking to get a new midi controller, out of the following which do you believe is the best machine.

Vestax VCI100

Reloop Digital Jockey 2 Master Edition Digital DJ Controller

if you have any other suggestions on MIDI controllers then awesome :-)

Also i was looking at a set up like:

2 x Reloop RMP-3 alpha CD Players

1 x Reloop RMX40 Mixer

And using those with traktor and my laptop. Has anyone used these decks?

and can they recommend them? Any input is greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers

ive played with RMP-1 and RMX30 which i guess are the babies of the gear above and yeah they play really good. note though it was the first and only cd players i have ever used (im a turntable person) but pitch control and loops worked well.

and the mixers are sweet, i personally own the reloop iq2 and i have to say i think their products are very nice, all faders are smooth and the sounds are very full.

but yeah wait for buck too hop on and he can fill you on the RMP-3's

Ive heard good things about Reloops

There is also the Traktor Controll S4, the new Hercules is coming out or may already be out

if u havent considered them they with both be Top of the line Midi's

Reloop gear does seem to be pretty good value for money.

But if you're looking more towards a controller, the Traktor Kontrol S4 looks to be like a good bit of gear.

Yh i looked at the S4, it looks sick. But eggssell has convinced me to go vinyl with tsp so i think ill do that.

I was offered a Vestax VCI100 for 300 in good condition thats why i was considering a midi controller but i think ill just put it towards vinyl set up :-) cheers for the help guys!

a dvs will make that distance irrelevant though.

but nah people should just play what and how they want.

if some dude wants to scratch cassette tapes then so be it. the vinyl eutopia that shrouds the dj world is overrated.

even the term disc jockey was to describe how radio deejays jockeyed from 45 to 45 no beatmatching, yet some how now the term real dj is meant to encompass only the elite jedis of vinyl. pfffft.

ahhh we havent had one of these threads in a while :lol:

2 x Reloop RMP-3 alpha CD Players

1 x Reloop RMX40 Mixer

i have this exact setup and they go pretty hard. just as good as the cdj1000's +thensum features. but also lacking a few features also.

for a beginner it should be awesome. but if you can get your hands on cdj1000's

or higher your best off.

also..

im running it on timecoded cd's so im not using midi. so i dont really know how they go for midi's but i think their soul purpose was for midi anywhos.

Honestly these are sick i had a play with one at store DJ and i was sold i put a deposit on one and the next shipment is due to come in mid December and i'm told there will be an upgrade for timecode support early next year so im hunting around for two vinyl decks and i can play vinyls aswell