ADJF Production Comp #1

Cupe

Get the samples: http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/27050019/file.html

Mission: Use any DAW or means necessary with the above samples only.

Get the pack, make a track - simple!

Upload your shit somewhere PRIVATE (eg. soundcloud private link with download available) - do not let anyone else know about your track.

Send me a PM with a link to your finished track.

The tracks will be anonymously uploaded to the ADJF soundcloud and we will all vote on the best track (yes this means you can vote for your own).

Timeframe: You have until the end of Jan (some extra time for xmas and shit).

Genre: Electro (however you determine it)

- - -

Use this thread for discussion

i recon not completely constricted to 1 genre as people who dont often make that genre may not understand it fully.

but there is a clear distinction between electro and fidget as well as elecro and hard..... plus once you listen to the samples it shows you can only really make electro or house/progressive

I think it should be really genre specific tbh. Gives peeps more of a challenge and forces you to know and understand other genres (eventually all of them after a while I guess) which is an deniably good trait for a DJ right? It may lead to not that great tunes but it will push people out of there little box.

• 3 weeks later...

took me ages to get my software going. first pro tools wouldnt install and according to the forums the only solution was re-fry of the hard drive. so did that and then installed and then i couldnt find the rego key (theres about a million rego key cards and none worked). turned out it was in the booklet which no one could find. then yesterday my bro found it (wu-huu).

anywhos yeah i'ma get on it.

if i dont figure it out im gonna use hotkeys in traktor and then using my mpd as a controller bang something out

(EDIT: i know you dont need a controller but for banging percussion its so much easier on pads than keys with my phat slow fingers.

and i was thinking of using traktor without a sequencer.

i.e. play drums first and record it.

then load drums as track B while i bang out the melodies in Track A, and record that.

then load that new track in track B, and bang out the vocal drops in track A.

then load that new track in track B, and then bang out whatever else. and just keep layering and letting the beat build.)