Traktor Tips/Tricks

mikew598

Would like to see what tricks and tips people have on traktor. I have come to realise that i really dont use traktor too its full potential and i want to learn what else the software can do. For example i would love to know how to have a 2 channel screen set up but only use a single deck. Also would like to know how to insert and play little audio clips with out dragging and dropping the file into a channel. I know with Serato there is a section below the deck screen and you can put in audio clips and just and they will play. There just short little thing mainly containing sound effects of vocals.

Also if anyone has any short cut keys they would like to share or any quick methods etc that would be great.

i dont know too much either, but yeah everyone says the traktor bible rocks.

also traktor doesnt have a sample bank. youll have to go traktor 2.

but you could use spare decks and hot cue to sample, or even record live loops and then play them back (the tutorial is on djtt) in traktor

Part 1 – User Interface:

Part 2 – Looping:

Part 3 – FX Setup:

Part 4 – FX Demo:

Part 5 – Crate Flick

Part 6 – 4 Decks:

Richie Hawtin on his Traktor (3) Setup:

Midi Mapping Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjJs…eature=related

Midi Mapping Part 2:

VCI-100SE Walkthrough:

Traktor Audio/Setup Guide:

Cue Points:

Beatgrids:

Assigning Effects:

Dynamic Buildups:

Dafer FX Theory:

Live Loop Recording:

Create Drumroll:

aye, wot eggs said: plus for me it's just easier to carry and find tracks than using boxes of vinyl or loads of cds.

I am waiting for a new controller to land in the uk and as it has dedicated controls i may discover some more and repost in next few weeks if you're still interested?