Gig log!

ok, so had my first gig yesterday, here's the write up!

so, arrived at 6:40 and was finished setting up at 7:20 pm, ready for everyone to arrive at 7:30

Everyone was very impressed with my set-up, the host though I was going to bring some crappy lil speakers and a cd player. She was very surprised when i started unpacking my pa speakers.

When I started to play, I panicked a little bit, cause everyone wanted to jump straight into the hits, and I wasn't sure that id have enough hits to last the whole night.

anyways, so it worked out fine, kept getting requested to play shots, party rock anthem and miami to ibeza.

The croud seemed to peak and decline a fair bit, mainly cause they would go to get more drinks, or make out with some random man hoe. So when they where all away talking I toned it down, gave em a break, then brought the pase back up.

the hit of the night was "it's raining men"

only made 2 mistakes!

1. even though I knew what would happen, I played a song of an ipod "shudder" sounded like absolute shit. I only did it cause the crowd was hassling me too, so after I exclaimed over the mic, "and that ladys and gentleman, is why I don't play off ipods".

2. slipped and hit the pause button

Other notes:

Its strange how there are absolutely kick ass party songs out there like hooligans by example, but no one wants to hear them because there not mainstream.

half hour in got a visit by the cops, told me to turn the base down cause I was rattling verandas 7 houses away.

Finally finished at 3am, when we got told to close up shop by la cops.

also, woke up in the morning (spent the night there) to find a mashed up birthday cake with a meat tenderiser lodged in the pile.

over all though, it was agreat night, I got more high fives and handshakes than songs played!

nice one sol. glad you got the bigg ups mate!

forget about worrying whether something is mainstream or not. if people liked what you played then you already have down one of the key essentials of djing, which is making the target audience enjoy what your doing. whether a track is mainstream (liked by the masses) doesnt actually have any bearing on how good or bad a song is.

haha, hadnt registered you got the old bill in.

Are you aware of the unwritten rule: whenever the filth turn up at a gig you're playing at you have to play one or both of the following:

if they come hassle you you then say:

"in all innocence officer I just love the tune. I didnt see you there."

or if you're really brave:

"there's no whales on me drugstable!"