New OSX out next month - OSX Lion

lloydc

i'm happy to get it if it means my computer will perform better and my computer doesn't act like an ipad.

I don't need access to the app store or any other such bullshit.... I think I use about 3 or 4 programs (not including itunes, VLC and acrobat)

you act like the app store thing is optional. cant you see which way they are moving...

only a matter of time where any software for an apple will need to be dev'd so it can be sold thru the app store. and no software can be installed on apples unless bought from the app store. you know its coming. emperor jobs wants to control you! and get his click fee.

you act like the app store thing is optional. cant you see which way they are moving...

only a matter of time where any software for an apple will need to be dev'd so it can be sold thru the app store. and no software can be installed on apples unless bought from the app store. you know its coming. emperor jobs wants to control you! and get his click fee.

yeah, I see it... It will eventually be their undoing i recon

yeah, I see it... It will eventually be their undoing i recon

well it was like that for the iphone, no apps unless apple approved it....and then it got jailbroken...so no doubt the same will happen to mac if they were to restrict us like that

in the end it wont matter. because developers would be stupid to ignore the market and then will start building for it anyways. so people will say meh and keep buying apple.

think about all the hoo haa about iphones not having flash. so what do people do, they actually create an app which is nothing more than their website (and in many cases even better than the website) so that the appleoids are satisfied.

like nba.com's gametime app. kills the website, in fact i dont think ive ever been back. and there are countless examples.