Heyy. I, DJ Thryce just arrive in Perth. Looking for Gigs

djthryce

Heyy,

Good day to everyone reading this treat. I just arrived in Perth, Western Australia not too long ago.

I'm a performing deejay in beach clubs and clubs back in Singapore. Was wondering if i am able to get myself gigs here to spin in Perth?

I started mine first gig spinning at The Velvet Lounge @ The Flying Scotsman (639 Beaufort Street) and would be spinning there again on 240811.

Just by talking isnt gonna prove mine skills at all especially in this DJ line.

Below is the link to some of mine mashups that i have recently created :

www.soundcloud.com/djthryce

And of course if there is any feedback from you guys it would be much appreciated.

Thank You for your time.

Cheers

Bryce Kho

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJThryce

Mix.DJ: www.mix.dj/djthryce

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djthryce

“Don’t judge one man by its cover, let My music do the talking”

hey mate welcome :safe:

where abouts in singapore you spin, clarke bay?

i just popped by there this year. nice place.

Heyy. Thanks for the welcome. Really appericate it. I spin in Clarke quay places like heli-pad, home club, zirca. And also beach house at sentosa - azzura.

Yup I have to agree Singapore night live isn't that bad. But it's a pity that no many clubs dare to try out house to electro house genre.

That's why I am able to play those genre at azzura only.

Can you remember where you partied?

Hello and welcome :)

There are a few places in perth you could try but alot of clubs are pretty happy with their resident dj's so it's pretty hard to try get in first up. My advise would be to get to know the promoters very well. Don't come across too obvious that you're looking for gigs

hey mate welcome :safe:

where abouts in singapore you spin, clarke bay?

i just popped by there this year. nice place.

Heyy. Thanks for the welcome. Really appericate it. I spin in Clarke quay places like heli-pad, home club, zirca. And also beach house at sentosa - azzura.

Yup I have to agree Singapore night live isn't that bad. But it's a pity that no many clubs dare to try out house to electro house genre.

That's why I am able to play those genre at azzura only.

Can you remember where you partied?

hey man. went for work so really didnt get around to partying per se. plus cuz im an old fart and retired my dancing shoes :teef:

anyways, was going to hit this one club in the alley way at clarke. i was chilling having drinks at the outside bar of "black lounge" or "noir lounge" or something like that. and around the corner they said to check the club. couldnt remember the name, could have been zirca(?).

the bar was awesome. alco is pricey as a mo out there, but i realised caprioska were the same as canadian and dry, so switched up. and the holmies were free pouring that shyte, blacktown mix style.

i read about heli pad, sounded good to.

will prob be there again sometime soon so will def want to check more of the scene.

There are a few places in perth you could try but alot of clubs are pretty happy with their resident dj's so it's pretty hard to try get in first up. My advise would be to get to know the promoters very well. Don't come across too obvious that you're looking for gigs

heyy. thanks for the reply. How do i start getting to know promoters? pardon me for mine blunt statement. i am not too sure how does it works getting to know promoters around in Perth.

I totally agree with what you said. i mean everywhere in the world most of the clubs are happy with their resident DJs. if not they wont be their resident DJ at the first place =)

heyy. thanks for the reply. How do i start getting to know promoters? pardon me for mine blunt statement. i am not too sure how does it works getting to know promoters around in Perth.

I totally agree with what you said. i mean everywhere in the world most of the clubs are happy with their resident DJs. if not they wont be their resident DJ at the first place =)

Research the clubs you think you'll fit in or want to play in, ask for the promoter and just tell him a bit about yourself and what you're setting out to do

ez.

i was born in singapore and went back for my 21st birthday... but that was 16 years ago. I bet it's even more expensive now!

am in uk now so cant help you find gigs in perth, can wish you good luck tho bro :)

big up.

Wow what made you move to UK instead of Singapore? Yeah luck is pretty much all i can have now.

Heyy, a little request if you do have the time. Below is a link where i posted myself up on soundcloud of a DJ competition in Perth. Would like some feedback from you after hearing it. Thanks a million in advance. =)

http://soundcloud.com/djthryce/dj-thryc ... imelite-dj

Hopefully one day I am able to hit the decks in Uk.

Research the clubs you think you'll fit in or want to play in, ask for the promoter and just tell him a bit about yourself and what you're setting out to do

Heyy thanks for the help. I tried to email to some of the promoters but not much news since than. I am currently spinning at The Velvet Lounge @ The Flying Scotsman on Beaufort Street.

Mine forte is mixing Electronic/Dance to Electronic House to Dub Step to a little bit of Trance. Basically An EDM Genre kind.

ez.

i was born in singapore and went back for my 21st birthday... but that was 16 years ago. I bet it's even more expensive now!

am in uk now so cant help you find gigs in perth, can wish you good luck tho bro :)

big up.

Wow what made you move to UK instead of Singapore?

lol, my dad was working in construction, we left when I was 6 months old so I didnt really have much choice... British passport = british citizen, if I'd have had the singapore passport I'd have had to do national service and my parents were hippies so the decision was a no brainer for them... I have my own family now and am trying to get back down to the tropics again :)

mad bz this week tho mate, will try have a listen to ya mix but no promises.

Hey mann, had a listen to that mix :)

It's well synced and extremely commercial. I'm not at all surprised to see you're earning and I hope you get recognised in Perth.

I wouldnt use the word "turntablism" in the vocal intro though. That term is generally used by the vinyl scratch guys and they can be known to get quite tetchy lol.

I would also get someone to proof read your bio on soundcloud, I can see what you are trying to say but the english is letting you down a little mate.

Hey mann, had a listen to that mix :)

It's well synced and extremely commercial. I'm not at all surprised to see you're earning and I hope you get recognised in Perth.

I wouldnt use the word "turntablism" in the vocal intro though. That term is generally used by the vinyl scratch guys and they can be known to get quite tetchy lol.

I would also get someone to proof read your bio on soundcloud, I can see what you are trying to say but the english is letting you down a little mate.

First of all thank you for giving mine mashup a listen and of course the compliment too. I get your point, i am putting across to people that not only can i mix but i am able to scratch too. Not a professional in scratching but i do have some scratching skills in it. A hybrid.

Pardon me for the english. Gonna work on it. Any tips from you for me to work on? =)

Thanks once again mate. Really appreciate it.

Cheers

Hey T...check out the events section on Teknoscape.com.au. It will give you some goods tips on who's promoting you style of music around Perth.

Heyy SourceRaver, thanks for the website. yup i have been to that website for quite some time. and also inthemix.

Still no luck in getting any place from there. Aint gonna give up so easily.

Wanna spin @ AMBAR one day.

-------------

DJ Thryce burst into the DJ scene this year 2010.

With his ability to handle music genres as varied as Electro, Dance, Hiphop, RnB, Pop and House plus his quick-witted skills at creating Mashups live in the mix; DJ Thryce is on the up and up.

DJ Thryce is the next upcoming jock to look out for!

If you want your tunes to be spun/heard in a different way to the usual boring DJs; come and experience the special feel DJ Thryce dices up on the decks! "We're certain you'll return for more!”

This year DJ Thryce will be putting his best megamixes up for the "Into The Limelite DJ Competition 2011."

He wants to let everyone know how passionate he is towards his music. Two things he respects most when he is on the stage:

1) HIS music

2) EVERYONE out there who is able to give him a chance and let him do the performing on the decks.

Passion will never take him away from the music industry.

"Dont Judge His Skin By The Music, Let His Music Do The Talking"

Cheers

---------------------------

I accept Paypal :)

only joking mate, didnt try and change what you were saying, just made it a little easier to read. Hope that helps.