KAOSS PAD - how to set up help

JonnyB

hey guy, does anyone have a kaoss pad set up that could help me get mine working.

i have a DKX 700 behringer mixer. and jus a simple small booth monitor for the speakers.

now the cables i have for the kaos are RCA cables to those big jack ones. which done fit into my mixer or both monitor...hulp please!

jonny im just having a guess here based on the pictures at least till someone in the know hops on.

if you are not using as a midi controller (which from previous posts i dont think you are), you need to wire

the SEND outputs of your mixer

into the INPUTS of the KAOS pad

and then the OUTPUTS of the KAOS pad

into the RETURN TO MAIN input of your mixer

I think the cables your saying you have are xlr to rca cables?

I know on the pioneer mixers the send/return jacks use xlr on the mixer side, but the behringer uses rca, so you will need to buy 2 rca cables to use instead of the cables you have.

The manual is located here, there is a diagram on there explaining how to plug it all in -

http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/kp3/sup ... M_EFG1.pdf

Having a quick read through that may also answer any q's you have about it.

You need RCA cables.

It's real simple. On the back of tour mixer you should have send / receive (or return) ports. Line them up with the ports on the back of the kp and then on the mixer there should be something that has switch to external fx or an external fx switch / button. Should be sweet from there.

If your mixer has an effects wet / dry filter, move that to about half way so you can hear the kp working. You can adjust that to your preference

• 3 weeks later...