wtf @ setting up traktor

Cupe

ok swear to god my shit doesn't match up with online tuts or the instructions

i have got my turntables plugging into the weird fucking cords and those weird cords are plugged into the back of the audio 8 thing

so now i have whatever spare plugs are left on those cords to do whatever it says next

something about phono lines and shit

halp

cupe what mixer? also watch out as i think they changed cables up with the release of the new audio 6 and audio 10 and tsp 2.

anyways, the other end of the cables should be two going into the phono of the mixer, and two going into the CD/ Line of the mixer. And then make sure your mixer is switched to CD/ line (this is prob the number one mistake made).

also make sure whatever you wire up you also select in the preferences in the software

while we are at it for tips.

dont update to the latest drivers or software version, its buggy as fug.

using the audio 8 control panel settings, set it to phono as opposed to timecode (apparently this works better?).

adjust latency to the best of your system, there is no right and wrong and unless you can cut as fast as q-bert you are not going to notice anything less than 10ms.

if all you hear is "eeeeee", that usually happens when your mixer is set to phono.

make sure you change it to line.

i know this usually doesnt comprehend as you are using turntables.

but its because the phono signal is going to sound card, but then the output from the sound card back to the mixer is line.

and for those wondering why are there cables going into phono then, this is so you can pass thru the sound card when you are not using traktor.

(cupe you prob know this but just made it real simple and detailed in case another beginner finds this fred)

cupe

what mixer?

is the "eeee" loud or just soft?

what have you setup in preferences for input?

have you selected external mixer?

ALSO

restart and dont load a track, but put the needle on the record and answer these:

what are the timecode circles showing? (make sure you change it to the one showing the circle not the one with the rotating dot)?

what lights are showing on your soundcard as the record plays?

i have master out on the mixer going into the front of the audio 8 IN 5/6

the usb going from audio 8 to computer

traktor installed with tracks playing.

the decks are plugged into all the right shit

cupe the master outs should be going into whatever sound system you are playing.

you can then put the second master out, or booth out into the audio 8 for recording (again you have to set this up in the preferences)

EDIT: mitch ftw

damn i cant find the fred where i helped chev setup his tsp ages ago.

anyways im assuming you using the multi cores. now just fo checking

WIRES

the bent L & R RCAs go into the turnies.

the other end of the multi-core should say sound card input; and sound card output. these go into the audio 8, making sure you get the inny verus outy right.

then the final end of the multicore should be labelled phono mixer; and line mixer. these go into the mixer in the relevant spots.

again make sure mixer is on phono; ALSO if there are switches to assign the line input make sure you have chosen the right one (i.e. like mine has a switch for CD when using back plu and AUX when using front plug)

SOFTWARE

make sure set to external mixer

then in preferences makes sure yu specify what inputs the decks are plugged into.

and also specify the outputs

cupe

what mixer?

ALSO

restart and dont load a track, but put the needle on the record and answer these:

what are the timecode circles showing? (make sure you change it to the one showing the circle not the one with the rotating dot)?

answer some of these, may help diagnose

cupe

what mixer?

ALSO

answer some of these, may help diagnose

when the vinyls spin (and just go eeeee) the channel lights show up (A and B accross the top)

source in 5|6 is on all the time (bottom right)

at the bottom left under source LINE is red (has channel C written under it)