Need a new laptop

FabDJ

Looks like my display is going to die.

Second white band is forming on the left side now, I'll be down to a 200m wide screen

Any suggestions for a non business cheap laptop?

Need it for Tractor with external sound card, forums,emails, pictures and home office

HDMI output would be good for movies also.

My sister put me in charge of buying her laptop and i ended up getting her this. However before new years they were on a better special and there was a cashback deal at the time, so it was cheaper than it says there. IF you have a hunt around you might score this pretty cheap.

Very powerful, and has HDMI.

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/y56 ... ml?sort=2a

But can give you a more specific answer when i know how much $ you want to spend.

Also mac/win preference?

What kind of laptop is it, I replace screens all the time. It might be able to be fixed.

It might also be the graphics chip.

The trouble with Laptops is you never have the spare parts available to confirm the problem. Sometimes the manufacturer/supplier sends the wrong part and other times the problem extends beyond the obvious source and you end up having to pay more than its really worth. In a lot of cases it becomes a waste of time and money trying to get an old laptop repaired.

If its out of warranty, get a new one with warranty.

If its out of warranty, get a new one with warranty.

Or buy a mac and never have any of these problems.... 6 years and counting for my 13" macbook. Still runs sweet.

^Both these points.

4 yr old MacBook still going strong as. Even Considering keeping it for a while at uni til I can afford a new one to save buying a new windows for the time being.

Also had it where I thought I'd do someone a favor and put a new screen in their laptop. Wouldn't normally do those kind of jobs as it usually not worth the hassle, but I knew these people so I did

Even though a monitor worked when plugged in externally, replacement screen and new cable didn't fix it, now I'm 150 out of pocket and can't get rid of the screen.

Embarassed to say my laptop Toshiba 100 is 9 years old and I have spent about 900 dollars getting it repaired over the years. It really is "Time toooo sayyy goodbye"

I want to spend 400-600 for a new one, I was hoping the new one was a 15" screen and the same dimensions to fit into my pc slot on my mixer stand. If not, major open heart surgery on the stand

which I'm hoping to avoid.

Thanks for your advice.

My daughter got a mac bought a mac hdmi converter and it don't do sound.

Have to run a spare 700watt amp from the mac headphone outputs to watch and hear a movie.

If you buy mac you gotta get everything mac, got a be licenced to sell mac prooducts and no discounts allowed.

Recommended (read mandated) retail price everywhere the same.

Went and bought a toshiba satellite L7500/034 for a grand.

Lucky for me the salesman at HN was into music and recommended an upgrade to this one.

Gave it to me for 1000, price tag said 1400 so was happy with the deal.

This is my third Toshiba so am comfortable with the brand.

Bought a belkin easy transfer cable to load the new computer, well worth the money 49.00

Transferred over almost everything in one hour, same layout as before.

Had to reload Windows Office from disc and Tractor from the web

and a few bits and pieces.

Beats using a terabyte that sprays it everywhere like last time and takes hours.