Playing finals of a DJ comp

Hey guys,

I've made it to the final round of the local DJ comp in bendigo and looking for peoples wisdom and tips. just a bit nervious as its the only comp i've done haha.

most of the people have just been pumping out bangers and melbourne tracks in most of there sets from opening to close. :rufknsrs:

I playing opening this weekend and was gona go for some progressive and a few commercial tracks to kick off the night.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to stand out or words of wisdom?

-Play what someone at the club would normally play in your set time

-Bring lots of friends (and get them to spend lots at the bar), as sadly this is what becomes a major factor in most 'DJ' comps

You on Friday or Saturday?

Have another 21st to attend on the Sat, but if it's Friday I may be able to make it :D

Bring a crowd. Is honestly the best way to win no doubt. If you get them to cheer for u like crazy and then not cheer for the other people, send the prettiest girls you can bring to go occasionally chat to judges about how memorable and impressive your set was. Will go along way. But worst case. Just kill it with mad skills

going to try and get a group together unfortunately, the skill aspect will be judged by a mystery man lol.

half price RTD's with my name get a few people in haha.

this is my first time using CDJ's in a club and haven't had much experience with them, so hoping the skill aspect goes well haha

built up the crowd, played what they wanted and went pretty good.

everyone else after pretty much played what they wanted / where ever they were thinking... and lost most of the crowd.

tbh i didnt think i did well but after seeing the waves of crowds coming and going, think i did decent.

i don't mean to sound like i know it all and i'm a "pro" (nor do i think i'm anything near it lol), they could mix... just not play and adjust for a crowd.

anyway, thats my update haha

thanks again guys :)