Wrxfiend entering the dmc championships

wrxfiend

So I have entered the dmc for the Perth round next month.

I Have now found out that i can use serato and my own mixer, but no ext controllers ie Dicers.

This to me seems very unfair, If I could afford a Rane threesixty 2, I would have cue points and effects to work with, but as i am poor, I cannot!

I have emailed the organizers, with a request to allow my mixer with modifications, If its allowed, I am going to holesaw the top plate of my mixer and retro fit the dicers inside!

Is it possible to hire such a high end mixer as the Rane? or does anyone on here have one i could hire?

Cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need cue and EFX......

What you need to do is make your own battle brake with all the scratches and beats you need when you need them

Look at every DMC winner for the last 10 years has made there own brake

Ps.....good luck on the night......you will go ok

What date is this? I'm guessing it's at the Rosemount too?

I'm also curious as to when and where, would come along for support

Also I happen to agree with what wazza said, if you can make your own battle records with everything you need then you got it made

not after fx, just want to be able to cue my juggle points at 12 o'clock on the vinyl. I can do this on my laptop during the set, but not even sure if i can touch the laptop during my routine. Investigating this now

we're not sure of the date or venue yet, it depends if we get enough entrants.

thanks for the support!

Ok guys, we have 5 entrants in the wa round. still unsure of venue but the date is Sun 24th Aug.

I am taking the monday off in the hopes that i win (not likely) and can then get shitfaced!

If Ox or spit or any other perth members wanna come, I can prob organize a lift there and back, if it helps

Now bombard me with ideas for sick tunes to drop, Instrumentals, Movie quotes etc

Cheers guys

:allthethings:

im down, ill even take the monday off work as well, celebrate proper hard, ill have to get back to you on ideas of tunes though, only 1 i can think of and it's probably been used to death but the instrumental version of DJ Kool "let me clear my throat"

It's a live venue. They have open mic and acoustic duos and stuff like that. They use to have djs every now any then (they may still do) but the system should be ok. Won't be super club status but should do the job nicely

yeah they do a lot of live stuff, i've been their before, it's quite small, personally i would've preferred the Rosemount, sound is really good there, but ill still be able to make it, it's walking distance for me, spitfire you might wanna meet up with me near the Hyde park hotel, save on paying for parking

It's a live venue. They have open mic and acoustic duos and stuff like that. They use to have djs every now any then (they may still do) but the system should be ok. Won't be super club status but should do the job nicely

yeah they do a lot of live stuff, i've been their before, it's quite small, personally i would've preferred the Rosemount, sound is really good there, but ill still be able to make it, it's walking distance for me, spitfire you might wanna meet up with me near the Hyde park hotel, save on paying for parking

I'm more than likely gonna find a lift in but I can meet ya there and we can go into northies from there

I'm more than likely gonna find a lift in but I can meet ya there and we can go into northies from there

ahk, yeah i was just gonna walk from my gf's place which is right there, it's only a 15min walk

So did some practice tonight, managed to string a short vid together, i messed up a couple of juggles and this is only early testing stages, i still need to get heaps of quotes and cuts sorted, choice of instrumentals and make the intro in maschine.

This is still selecting tracks from my crate, i will eventually cut it all into 1 long track and mark cue points for each section. Then just have the same track on each deck and wont have to touch the keyboard to change tracks.

Which bring me to my next dilema, as stated they wont alloy dicers, so after much umming and ahhhing and research. Including testing at storedj tonight, I have decided on the Traktor Z2. \:D/

NI-KNTRLZ2_2.jpg

RAN-SIXTYTWO_4.jpg

The Rane sixty2 was my natural first choice (being a serato user) but after playing with one in the flesh, I didnt like the layout or the price tag [-X , I really like Z2. It is easy enough to map it to serato functions, has an awesome feel and layout, and I got a special deal price of $800. Will pick it up next week some time.

You never know, after the comp i will play with the traktor scratch software. With Maschine and the Z2 I could make some cool live beat/mixing cutting type stuff.

Anyway here is the video, i'm atempting to host it from dropbox, as i dont want to put it on youtube.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zme8o5dqbhjyvm3/AAChFgcHh9P_XY5knmnirRlZa