Wrxfiend entering the dmc championships

wrxfiend

wow six minutes sounds long.

i dont know what turntablists judges look for (and i probably have not seen much dmc post kentaro) but at that length i would prefer to hear technique while still being somewhat musical. craze's (one of his many) and kentaro's i always felt had this. a-trak's winning one is pretty funny too.

ill check out your vid later tomorrow (fly back to oz tonight) and let you know what i thinks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got this new pattern down last night, its a half time double fade pattern, inspired by my hero Dj Babu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plq2l5stsmfr5tq/IMG_1525.MOV

ive started piecing it all togther in Audacity, but could use some from help from a perth member who is good with Daw's

I have to make two tracks with all the cuts and beats in order and stretch some of the beats to keep same bpm. I can do this but i;'m very slow at editing in Audacity.

Oxy/Spitfire I'm looking at you :help:

Also I'm being interviewed on Goonbag Radio next Monday about the upcoming comp. Will shout out to the ADJF massive! :allthethings:

it'll probably be easier to piece it all together in logic / any other daw, rather than audacity.

what bpm are your samples in?

most of the beats for juggling and cuts i would like to run at about 97-100 bpm. Dont want anything too chill.

I have reaper, but honestly havent spent enough time with it to efficiently edit all this shit together. I know you and Ox are well skilled with the way of the Daw.

it'll probably be easier to piece it all together in logic / any other daw, rather than audacity.

what bpm are your samples in?

most of the beats for juggling and cuts i would like to run at about 97-100 bpm. Dont want anything too chill.

I have reaper, but honestly havent spent enough time with it to efficiently edit all this shit together. I know you and Ox are well skilled with the way of the Daw.

I may be able to help you out sometime next week if it's not too late?

All good buddy :)

Why don't you come over anyway, will be good for all of us to bounce ideas off each other

Keep me posted. Hopefully I'm playing at metros again on Friday, if that's the case I'm gonna get loose to celebrate so I'll need to see how I feel afterwards haha

• 2 weeks later...

Ok peeps, as some of you know, i'm pretty well stuck in the nineties as far my tunes go. But i need some fresh heat for this dmc comp. Eggs and Oxy, I know you guys have your fingers on the pulse, can you suggest some of this years most banging, up beat hip hop tunes for me to rape! lol

cheers

:allthethings:

but you aint mixing right? while its been a minute since i looked at dmc (kentaro was probably the last) its still just routines yeh?

anyways.. can tell you heaps of tracks from this year but i have no idea whether they were popular or not. havent heard the radio full on since 2006, and i dont really club.

my knowledge of whos popular is based on internet hate. the most hated are the most popular. but a lot of those i have never heard a song. like i could not pick out a drake song. or a nicki minaj song to save my life ( i only know minaj from that kanye track... i think monster or something about an unemployment line)

i know you should find your own style and i dont know what is considered highly by judges, but i like sets that still stay somewhat musical. i mean it may cut here and there but for at least thirty seconds to a minute at a time its still a beat or rhythm.

this is one of my fave sets. this was the last of craze's three peat dmc championship run (pretty sure he came back w atrak the next year to win the team one)

the needle work at around 4.00 is amazing

spent 12 hours practicing on Sat night, I had one of those light bulb moments, where everything you've been trying to figure for years all starts to fall into place, learnt a shitload of new patterns and cuts, here is a quick vid of one of the juggles. Its a bit sketchy, but i think you can apreciate the trickieness of the breakdown part.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0bjz7b9468o6nv/Capture%2014%20%2810-08-2014%2010-27%20PM%29.wmv

• 2 weeks later...