The Mash Up Thread

Mashups are way more creative these days then they were maybe 5 years ago. Same rules apply though.

Same key > similar chord progressions > match tempo > arrange

People are mashing up 4-5 tracks now days and they're really cool. I made a mashup a while ago with fedde le grand's put your hands up for Detroit and pump it up by danzel. I just put the pump it up acapella over that top and called it a day lol

So you're just dropping in a track over the top of other tracks and cutting and chopping where ever to make it sound good?

The different colours just put the different tracks aside. I've chopped things, added and subtracted parts and added some effects. The tracks I haven't really touched EQ wise, just a little bit so they fit and that's about it. I put a limiter in the master channel so it doesn't clip and then I just play with the levels so it all sounds nice. Nothing to it man :)

• 3 weeks later...
Made this a little while ago -;

https://soundcloud.com/emperius/chasing-faith-emperius-mash

Originals were;

Tigerlily feat. 2Less & KA$H - Faith (Glover Remix)

Sandro Silva & D.O.D feat. Nuthin Under A Million - Chasing Dreams (Original Mix)

Made a few more since then, but just for live gigs.

cool mashup man. i've been meaning to check this out for days but i keep getting distracted! i finally got to it and i like it :thumleft:

actually since i'm here i'll share another mashup.

sorry, don't know what the ghetto gap is at the end. this is a private link so if you want it, message me and i'll give ya the download :)

https://soundcloud.com/whoislabrat/we-no-speak-americano-swang/s-vASwF

thanks man!

yours is pretty funky haha

as this is a dj forums i would've expected the mashups thread to be full - but it's so dead lol :thumbdown::thumbdown:

if someone posts another mash up - i'll post one too :)