Headphones for day to day use

andyman

So I lost my backpack which had my heaphones in them which I used on the way to work erry day.

I currently only own HD-25's which I dont really wanna use of public transport.

I'm after a set of in ear bud type things.

Post links to the best pair I can get for $50 or under.

Yes I know this is a low budget, but it's all I want to pay.

I can't remember how much I paid for mine (I doubt it was $50) but I recommend getting Sol Republic Amps HD. I'm not a big fan of Sol Republic cans after the disappointment for the Tracks V12's but the Amos HD's are awesome! I've been through a few earbuds and these are the best ones I've had so far

I keep seeing sennheiser cx300ii's popping up, cheapest I've found them from a retail place is at david fuckin jones of all places for $48 - but can be had for ~$30 and change if you're willing to go through ebay stores. The Klipsch S4 seem to go alright as well. check out this post for shitloads of other recommendations too http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise ... st_7297554

• 4 months later...

i dont know what the $50 range (i.e. the SE112 or SE115) is like but i can vouch for the shure 215. awesome in-ear monitors. barely have to turn up the sound (which i know is good for my ears) and great isolation in public.

also sound clarity is so good i was hearing things in songs i have never heard before.

a lot of people complain about the "flatness" of the shure sound, but i like em.

i assume the lower range would still be good

Fucking LOL at this review..

http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/ ... 125-review

So I'm sold on the sennheisers. Though the Shures are around $100 mark at headphones.com.au eggs but I do like the sound of replaceable cables. No doubt gonna get minced up during every day use.

i bought my 215s from a melbourne online store and it came with the free remote/ mic cable.

which was wicked except yeah after about 16-18 months the cable is falling apart. i shouldve stuck with the OG cable as supposedly its kevlar and tuff as tits, but for the life of me i dont know where i put it (i think i chucked it in the move).

and now that my watch controls my music i kinda dont need the remote.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up picking up a pair of the Senny CX-300 II's for the same price I could get it online @ local JB-HiFi.

Pretty impressed for a low budget set hey. Haven't been able to test em on some good audio sources (just using phone which wasn't the greatest when using the XD-53's) yet but am definitely loving the feel of the in ears. Even just around home, in the I am a fagget etc can't hear any of the housemates rubbish and on the pushy it is total boss mode.