Making a UV cannon

SolDios

Hey guys quick question.

I'm in the market for a UV cannon and cant find a decently priced one in Australia.

What's to stop me from finding a dead moonflower or something with a large case, removing the old components and chucking a floodlight fitting in there, then putting a high watt blacklight bulb in there and make a reflective cone around it to concentrate the light out in a single direction?

Yeah I want something that provides some bulk light for the lasers without drowning them out.

Does my theory of using reflective material around the bulb to re-direct the light to focus out one point work? I'm just hoping it will actually shine pretty far on the dancefloor.

something i'd just say is use something non conductive and isn't easily flammable as the reflective surface.

but it it was me doing it'd yolo a bit rofl.

using a reflective surface will increase the range of the light as for focusing it on an area, you'd probably need a reflective type cylinder around the front of the outside to make it more of a beam.

Could buy a metal mixing bowl and cut a hole through the bottom to put your cable. Already shiny, bowl shaped to direct light forward and won't light up.

Will look dodgy as fuck and if I ever saw you set that up at my place I'd sure as shit make you take it down so you can't use it.

Could buy a metal mixing bowl and cut a hole through the bottom to put your cable. Already shiny, bowl shaped to direct light forward and won't light up.

Will look dodgy as fuck and if I ever saw you set that up at my place I'd sure as shit make you take it down so you can't use it.

I'm gona buy a dead moonflower and take the old guts out. Can mount the bowl shit inside the shell and have it pointing out.

Will look hella neat.