Always getting nervous when recording a set

Hey guys, I'm a bed room dj right now, never played a live gig and really love djing. I've been practicing for a little while now and I think I'm getting really good. When I'm not recording a set I'm having fun, I'm doing solid transitions, everything is going great. But when I go to record a set I just get all nervous, I can't mix that well, hearts pumping, I'm stressing out and just not having fun. It's really frustrating that I can do these mixes so well and I'm being creative but when I record a mix its just bad and I cant figure out what song to play next etc.  I really want to play live in public and I'm really worried that I wont be able to play very well at all and I'll just stress out and not be creative like I do when I try to record a mix. How can I fix this because it is becoming a real problem! and its so frustrating. Imagine just playing in your bedroom thinking your a good dj then trying to record something and it just sucks. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

I've only played at about 4 gigs so far
First one I started off with a partner which was lucky because there was around 200 people dancing at the time
Worried as anything, but everyone loved it and I got very into it
Afterwards heaps of people told me it was by far the best set of the night
Since then it's felt normal for me as I gained confidence from having a luckily, very good experience
Also alcohol helps (As long as you can drink at the venue or are of legal age) but just make sure you dont drink too much or you won't sound good but you'll be thinking you're gods gift to music :)

its all about practice man. record mixes and listen back on it, take notes and try again. thats how i got better and better, till i worked up and got residency at a couple of places.

being nervous, imo, its a good thing. means you actually care about DJing and want to do a great job.

i've seen far too many DJ's that have the "so what" or "i'm top shit" attitude, they just sucked... a new guy who just started out that was nervous as balls rocked a crowd and was 100 times better then some of the headliners we had.

14 hours ago, ThatPartyGuy said:

its all about practice man. record mixes and listen back on it, take notes and try again.

Basically the same but cannot stress on how much you hear when listening back to your own mix, my mixes are like the only thing i listen. Also post mixes here we offer nothing but ways to improve.

Think the guys have already covered everything, make sure you record EVERY set that you do, after a while it'll become 2nd nature and you will get better at it, and yes alcohol does help with those nerves, but you don't wanna over do it otherwise you'll start slipping up too much.