Hand Build DJ Facade

SolDios

Mother & Me built a Facade over the last two weekends. Probably ended up costing about $200 in materials.

Used MDF wood, 5 cans of spray paint, material from spotlight & bathroom door lift away hinges.

Overall looks pretty good, but I'd say if you have the money and don't have much time on your hands just buy one instead.

IMG_20160724_154703.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 9:18 AM, Cupe said:

@SolDios pls explain

"Used MDF wood, 5 cans of spray paint, material from spotlight & bathroom door lift away hinges. "

Used diagonal corners and metal corner bracers. Cut all the wood, brace and glue it together, prime it all and paint. Then drill the holes and put in the hinges.

Looking at the design, (and this is me using my building skills from a photo) i'd say you would need the following:

6 door brackets (so it folds)

8 pieces of timber at about 110x6x2cm

8 pieces of timber at about 40x6x2cm

3 cans of gloss black spray paint

a couple packs of nails and or screws to put them together (possibly using 16 wood braces to hold the wood together)

for the white material i'd probably go for acrylic so it doesn't tear (108x38cm) x 4 pieces (you can get it in white but it could get pricey)

Sol does say that the material comes from Spotlight so you could just shop around ands what's the most shiniest

problem solved

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2016 at 9:48 AM, SolDios said:

"Used MDF wood, 5 cans of spray paint, material from spotlight & bathroom door lift away hinges. "

Used diagonal corners and metal corner bracers. Cut all the wood, brace and glue it together, prime it all and paint. Then drill the holes and put in the hinges.

The landlord is asking what happened to the bathroom door hinges lo