New to DJing

blake

Hey all, been wanting to get into DJing for a while and finally have the funds to start getting some gear.

I am into RnB, hip hop, house...pretty much anything you can dance to and I wanna look at mixing with similar sort of music.

As I said i'm new so i'll take any advice I can get.

Cheers

CDJs are good. Beware of the DDM4000 though.

It's ok, i used it for a while. In fact, as a beginner, you wont even be able to tell IMO.

However, maybe look at the 2 channel Korg mixer or the Xone:22. The Korg has effects built in. The Xone has the world class engineering and circuitry of the 3D and 4D mixers, it has just been stripped down.

But, yeah man, I reckon go for it. That package is good enough.

welcome man. like CBG said about the mixers, go for the A&H X-ONE 22. im personally a korg man but the mixer just doesnt really cut it. if you want effects then grab yourself a Kaoss Pad and you'll be set. im not a cd man so cant really comment but i need to update my cd players due to age and the cdj400's seem to be alright but id take a look at the denons. there a much better cd player and have had the technology that the pioneers have now for a while longer. dont just buy it for the name's sake. thats my advice :)

This is the package im looking at starting with. Seen a few reviews on the CDJ-400 and they look like a good starting deck. Opinions on the mixer?

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=1953

Hi Blake Store DJ are really good have been buying stuff from them and DJ Wharehouse in Dandenong also. Store dj wants to help you and spends time seeking what you want and gives advice. DJ Wherehouse dont know what they are selling and you may end up with the wrong adaptors etc. bloody useless.