Tha new guy, not sure

Redbuck

depends on what you prefer

with serato you can use digital files on turntables but cdj's are compact and yea, it comes down to preference i reckon

what do you think you'd prefer?

also most (decent) club setups have a facility for vinyl/serato and cdj's

heyyup :safe:

there is no right or wrong just whatever you down for.

if you go turnies or cdjs you can always get the basics of beatmatching and dropping a track in (just stay away from the sync button and bpm readers).

just know that getting vinyl is more expensive and more difficult, as opposed to cdjs where you can access all the online stores. unless of course you get a vinyl emulation system (traktor, serato, mix vibes, mixxx and a million others).

i went turntables only cuz im an oldie, heh

welcome man.

yeah there is no right or wrong way to go.

cdj's are a a bit less expensive, especially when it comes to getting your music. they are more compact, and have more features (e.g the Cue, BPM readers, a few effects looping, hot cue's) the cue and bpm reader make things real easy to learn, but its a bit of a short cut, and if you find yourself going from cdj to turntables youll almost have to relearn how to beatmatch, because using the bpm reader your doing it by vision, not really your ear,

turntables more expensive, but so much more fucking stylish :), youll learn how to mix properly on these are there is no bpm aid to give you indications on where your at with the bpm of a track. you can scratch better and do all that jazz(with lots of practise of course).

but yeah dosent matter really, if you get to a club to play almost every club will have a set of cdj's and some turntables. personal pref. although personally i wish id started on vinyl :(

hey man, its personal preference to which path you wish to take. im not a huge fan of serato or most other virtual dj programs but i use CD's from time to time. i play vinyl but thats where i feel more comfortable with my mixing

ok, we need to confirm that serato is VERY different to Virtual DJ. serato is just used to mount audio with the pc, its designed for hip hop djs that dont want to carry around big vinyl crates. everything else can be done with ur decks.

Traktor is more like Virtual DJ however.

Turntables are harder. bigger and sometimes more expensive. BUT you learn to mix on them and you're set.

CDJs are smaller, easier, WAY MORE features etc etc.

Personally if you were DJing 4four dnace music, go CDJs... hip hop, breaks, dubstep go turntables.

Or you could try a hybrid

beginners should be the last ppl to have beatlock.

thats pretty crazy that they do, some serious technology is needed there.

and tbh, it makes me ill. i know so many fuckheads that are DJing, that do the bare minimum cus they have no skill. now they can beatmatch without having to try

depends on what you prefer

with serato you can use digital files on turntables but cdj's are compact and yea, it comes down to preference i reckon

what do you think you'd prefer?

also most (decent) club setups have a facility for vinyl/serato and cdj's

I think that I would prefer at first to use the plethora of music files I already have on my computer maybe later I'll do the whole tt thing.