traktor sync

lloydc

can someone tell me why when I press sync on my controller, only some songs will be synced (and stay sync'd), while others will match the BPM but not actually sync?

PS. the song that is going to be sync'd is stopped, but I want it to match up as soon as I hit play.

I hope this makes sense, if it doesn't let me know, and I'll try better to explain.

ive found with VDJ some songs cant be synced, eg the playing song will be 128.3 bpm and the 1 im trying to auto sync if im being lazy will only sync to 128.2 and after about 16-32 bars u really notice them getting out of sync, same problem with traktor....maybe.....

nah, not the same issue. It will match the same BPM without any problems.

Traktor users will know that the sync button in traktor stays yellow when it's sync'd, but in my case it flashes yellow for a split second while the pitch goes up or down to match the track thats playing. I want it to stay yellow ie. sync'd

*note: this is not the case for every song, probably only half.

I know it's something I'm not doing, I just don't know what.

hmm. does it happen when your track is playing and you press the sync button?

and im going to say it before someone else does =p but really i dont mind...

try to stay away from the sync button and learn to beatmatch :) .. unless your working about 4 decks same time. different Story

are you using time code vinyl? if so you can't use sync.

you mention controller so i assume not (though like me and many others i use a controller with my dvs setup so just checking).

outside of that its prob because the tracks that aren't syncing have not been beat gridded. and if you have used auto beat grid it has taken the wrong starting point;

ANOTHER possible cause is the track is an unbeatgriddable track (such as one that has used a live drummer or has sampled a large portion from a live drummer).

for the former problem, just go in and manually beat grid. for the latter problem you will need to use another software (a lot of peeps use ableton) to standardise the beat.

heaps of tutes about beat gridding around, when i get all my shyte sorted next week at the new place ill do a search. in the meantime head to djtechtools and the NI forum and search for beat gridding.

that is assuming this is the prob.

fucking amazing, worth every cent.

the only trouble I seem to have with it is confusing the auto loop knob/button with the other knob/button that is mainly used for transporting songs.

press the wrong one, and you've got the same track playing on both decks all of a sudden, which sounds pretty shit.

anyway, thats an operator error, and NI shouldn't be blamed for it.

It's an extremely well build controller that works the second you plug it in :)

hmmm.. considering getting one.. although i wouldnt mind a few cue points and what not on it.. im sorry to go off topic but are you using your own mapping? or the default.. if you can create a thread on the controller put in your own thoughts and find a few reviews youtube clips so we can discuss ^.^ because i was looking in getting one! thanks

So wanna use Traktor Pro

then see some tutorials here

http://www.colinfitz.com/collection-of- ... ps-tricks/

that will keep you going for now!

also buy this if you use this software

homepage:

http://www.sonicacademy.com/DJs/Course+ ... entId=1742

COST: Not sure sorry!

Sonic Academy How To DJ With Traktor DVDR TUTORiAL | 537MB

Sonic Academy's How to DJ with Traktor Pro video tutorials break down all of the most useful features of Traktor Pro in to manageable chances. We look at everything you need to get you started mixing quickly, then move on to the more advanced features including custom FX setups, iTunes Playlists, hot cues, loops and much more.

Videos Overview

Lesson 1 - Quick Start Guide

This lesson gets you mixing in minutes with all the basics in one video.

Lesson 2 - File Browser Part 1

Learn the basics of the Traktor Pro file browser and how to manage your library

Lesson 3 - Playlists

Traktor Pro makes it super easy to find and organise your DJ sets using playlists - this video shows you how.

Lesson 4 - iTunes Playlist

Want to use your current iTunes playlists in Traktor Pro? Watch this video‚ done!

Lesson 5 - Metadata

Meta data sounds boring? It’s not! Ok, it is a bit… but it’s incredibly useful for naming and organising those thousands of tunes you bought!

Lesson 6 - Preview Player

Want to have a quick listen to a track mid-mix? We show you how!

Lesson 7 - Decks Part 1

A look around the decks in Traktor - sort your pitch and nudge from your start and your stop.

Lesson 8 - Decks Part 2

Learn the difference between Sync and Master and how temporary cue points work.

Lesson 9 - Mixer

Check out Traktors in built mixer and EQ section, how to assign headphone cues, FX and kill switches.

Lesson 10 - Hot Cues

Want to jump anywhere in your track without losing a beat or remix tracks on the fly? That’s what hot cues do... innit!

Lesson 11 - Looping

If you’re playing a long set and need to take a unplanned toilet break mid set? we show you how to set up and get creative with the loop function.

Lesson 12 - Preferences Part 1

A step by step detailed look at all the the audio setup and output routings in Traktor Pro including external mixer setup. We also look at setting up time code mode.

Lesson 13 - Preferences Part 2

Some more exciting preferences including pitch range and pitch bend, auto loop detect, track count, beat counter, mouse control, EQ settings, auto gain, FX and file management.

Lesson 14 - Preferences Part 3

Layout manager, deck details, browser details, global view options and controller manager.

Lesson 15 - T3 Pitch Delay FX

We start off our look at the effects in traktor with an effect you've probably heard on a few top mixes or on a big night out. This distinctive “robot” sounding delay will quickly find its way onto your “go to” FX list.

Lesson 16 - T3 White Noise Reverb

Big white noise reverb! Need we say any more?

Lesson 17 - Reverse Grain FX

Reverse your grains with this loop based effect great for dropping out of a break down.

Lesson 18 - Reverse Pitch Shift

Learn how to setup a cool echo effect using FX chains in advanced mode

Lesson 19 - Gate Verb

My computer is out of battery? Oh wait! It’s just the reverse pitch effect. BAAMM!

Lesson 20 - Echo FX

A tasty sounding gated white noise effect technique that works great over most styles of dance track. Great for creating builds!

Lesson 21 - Triple Beatmasher

Chop and loop your beats to bits - another effect great for a breakdown.

home page above!