! FEEDBACK !

CBG

JonnyB's polite reminder to give him feedback, has reminded me that the feedback on this website has once again become absoloutely terrible.

And sorry, but it shits me.

Here is a list of people that in my opinion are good with feedback:

- JonnyB

- eggssell

- cupe

- Chev (even though he's heavily into dub)

- pulsebeat (has stepped it up)

Thats 6 people including me, out of over 1000 members and at least 20 active users.

Production is unbelievably difficult and it deserves recognition.

While I can recognise that are we are one of the better sites for giving feedback, we still arent good enough.

Its not hard to press play and say: "I dig" or "not really my thing, but sounded pro" is it? Its not really helpful, but its better than nothing.

If you cannot listen to it or dont want to, still them, I cant listen to some songs cus its to late and I'll wake housemates or using my speakers for something else... its ok, just say it.

IF WE DO NOT DO THIS, WE WILL LOSE MEMBERS BECAUSE THEY WILL SOURCE OTHER METHODS OF FEEDBACK= LOST MEMBERS= LOST TRAFFIC= NO ADJF ANYMORE.

We all download illegally, and give no thanks to the producers. We should at least give the small guys some.

I now sound like an asshole, but i dont care anymore.

and most importantly, when we hear the feedback, it makes us want to go and make some more mutherfucking music!! :) hopefully willing us into making some tunes you may even be banging out in clubs one day.

so even if you scroll down and notice a new post in a genre section you dont ussualy listen to. go have a listen anyway and comment on the way the track was made, and not on your musical taste. :)

On what Jonny said, I had a guy on another told me one of my tracks was amazing and its technical elements were amazing.

Another DJ I know who is a pretty big DJ in melb said basically the same thing and asked me if im talking to labels.

That sort of feedback, really fuels your desire to create and develop.

Even hate does for me... ppl who have a go make me wanna get better

Ill admit its hard for me to judge someone's creation when i cant produce myself yet....

but you buy a lot of music (i hope) and know what you like right? Just tell people how you'd like to hear the song go.

ie. bass too weak

needs a bigger build up

needs more energy

wonderful synth

shit house

you're kidding

where can I get a copy?

don't give up your day job

etc

they may or may not take your advice/critisism or what ever, but at least they have some feedback from their target audience.

shit house

you're kidding

dont use shit like this man, this isnt constructuve what so ever, if you dont like it , point out why you dont like it, comments like this arnt going to help anyone, its just going to put a bit of a dent in the persons morale, also theylls probaly never post here again, or anywhere for that matter.

shit house

you're kidding

dont use shit like this man, this isnt constructuve what so ever, if you dont like it , point out why you dont like it, comments like this arnt going to help anyone, its just going to put a bit of a dent in the persons morale, also theylls probaly never post here again, or anywhere for that matter.

Or secretly conspire to get you banned in the VIP section :shiftyeyes:

Strongly agree with this, although I have been slacking lately due to lack of leisure time but Ill try to get back into my normal reviews soon...

shit house

you're kidding

I wasn't being serious, and I haven't come across a person on this forum that would give any feedback like this at all (including myself). In any case, you're right.

shit house

you're kidding

I wasn't being serious, and I haven't come across a person on this forum that would give any feedback like this at all (including myself). In any case, you're right.

i know, your feedback has been great along with anyone else that provides it, was just stating incase new commers come along read that post and think 'well if i dont like it, ima tell him i dont like it' and thats it. was just pointing it out for future people that wonder through this thread

Stay positive CBJ. 6 people out of....lets say 30 active members is still feedback from 20% of the active forum users.

I've been a bit like DJaz in that I don't produce myself, so can't offer any useful tips. But i guess it can't hurt by giving basic feedback such as what you mentioned.

Aye, pretty much in that "not sure what i'm commenting on" category. Will deffo try throw in a what i like/don't like comment from now on guys.

Most of the time I read the topic when i don't have a chance to listen to a track and cos it's then now read it doesn't even register in my mind that i need to go back and listen! :)

May we keep a sticky in the DJ headquarters perhaps a "Chasing feedback" thread, where we can keep bumping/linking/annoying each other for more feedback, will keep OP's threads clean and also a unified source for finding out who is chasing feedback?

Aye, pretty much in that "not sure what i'm commenting on" category. Will deffo try throw in a what i like/don't like comment from now on guys.

Most of the time I read the topic when i don't have a chance to listen to a track and cos it's then now read it doesn't even register in my mind that i need to go back and listen! :)

May we keep a sticky in the DJ headquarters perhaps a "Chasing feedback" thread, where we can keep bumping/linking/annoying each other for more feedback, will keep OP's threads clean and also a unified source for finding out who is chasing feedback?

Not a bad idea...