DJ Names

Firstly I don't have one, however I can't decide whether to use one or not?

So I'm keen to find out how everyone come up with one? What was the inspiration? Did you use a nickname?

Has anyone changed their DJ Name over the course of their career?

i think there's a youtube video on it (zero to hero series).

i dont have one either since i dont play out, but my handle here, eggssell, was one i was throwing around.

i would have just went w/ lex, but there is already a famous rnb dj in syd called lex. so i tried to go with lex backwards a best as you can phonetically which would be x'el (pronounced ex-el), but some grrl already had that. so i was throwing around XL (cuz im fat) and excel (because im an accountant) which both have the same phonetical sound.

when some how eggs sell popped in my head.

if i do mobile i would just use my name.

Me and my mate are thinking of using the name "unfinished business" once we're able to start playing out, i'd rather not go into details of how we got that name haha..

me and my mate did a gig and came up with the name double jeopardy so lame but thats what we liked about it ha ha

old school nickname i cant remember how i got it but it stuck, everyone knows me by it so much so that most people (except close friends) dont know my real name lol, always hillarious if i add someone on facebook they think its a random add

so didnt really have to do any promoting of my name which worked out well

old school nickname i cant remember how i got it but it stuck, everyone knows me by it so much so that most people (except close friends) dont know my real name lol, always hillarious if i add someone on facebook they think its a random add

so didnt really have to do any promoting of my name which worked out well

shaun hill?

Well....

3 discmans + mixer

if you need help your on your own, even tough they say theres a 24 hour back up.

2 hour training then your off to your first gig.

they take a massive cut.

the music they give you is 2 weeks too late.

even if you bring your own shit and actually mix, they don't care, if anything theyl give you shit about it cause if you become too good most likely you will leave them.

on the plus side.

i would have never gotten in djing if it wasnt for them.

i almost always get to work at least once a week.

Like others have said. You learn how to read the crowd, speak on the mic and handle drunk people. But thats about it.

ez,

i never wanted a dj name so used dj jim then added the name of whatevr club or band i was working at as a surname.

so i've been dj jim cushion. dj jim basics, dj jim bluefoot.

then a typo told me i was djim bluefoot and it stuck.

for you: Maybe Huzzy, or Fuzzy, depends how you play.

DJ Hertz sounds ok and has frequency related innuendo?