ADJF’s REmix your heart out - win a $150 Dj store voucher

CapFive

Ok guys, it’s time for the next comp, we have had a really long think about this one and have got a solid list that progresses through the dates and there are VERY valid reasons for picking what we did.

We want you guys to go out and find the BEST version of the song list we put down, yes that means you can use any version you want (even make your own)

The list:

1. David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium

2. DJ Fresh feat. Sian Evans - Louder

3. Bombs Away - Who The Hell Let The Douchebags In

4. LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It

5. Benny Benassi feat. Gary Go - Cinema

6. Swedish House Mafia - Save The World

7. The Aston Shuffle - Start Again

8. Kesha - Blow

9. Adele - Rolling In The Deep

10. Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer

11. Robin S - Show Me Love

12. La Bouche - Be My Lover

13. The Similou - All This Love

14. Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

15. Princess Superstar - Perfect

16. Sidney Samson - Riverside

The Rules:

Can I use Remixes?!

You may use ANY remix you can find of the song list above, this means everyone’s mix will have their own personal touch based on the remix they choose, there is no limit on how many times you use the one song (so you may want to use more than one remix on the same song ;) )

Keep in mind though, we WILL NOT count 2 remixes of the same song as 2 songs from the list (for e.g Sidney Samson – Riverside (sickkhunt remix) and Sidney Samson – Riverside (laidback remix) WILL NOT count as 2 songs) and this means you will have to make it up somewhere else.

I wanna drop a phat sample in there but it isn’t on the list, is it ok?

You CAN use samples from songs not on the list, BUT only a small sample, we want to give you a lot of freedom with this one, so you can dust off your sample folder and have some fun :D but don’t go and drop a full acapella in that isn’t on the list, because that’s not fair.

Bro how long should my mix be?

Mix must be minimum 20min long.

What type of mix can I do?

Feel free to do a megamix, a premix, use Ableton, use Traktor, make it in sequence mode or go live on the decks, the choice is yours!

I’m not the best DJ in the world, why should I enter?

The comp is as much about remix SELECTION as it is about mixing, so you might wanna brush up on the top remix producers out there, and yes YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN! So even if you just crossfade this one, there is still a chance for you yet

I found an acapella, does that count for a full song?

If you have an acapella of a song that still counts as one song from the list, so feel free to get your mash-up on :D (if you don’t know what an acapella is then don’t worry about this one lol)

How many songs do I need to use from the list?

You MUST use a minimum of 10 songs from the list in your mix, we want to make your we keep you on your toes and don’t have people just crossfading intros and outros

OK teacher, when is my assignment due? And where do i hand it in?

You have about 1 month to complete the mix, Upload your mix to soundcloud and email ausdjforums @ gmail . com with a link to your mix and the tracklist and transition times. The title of your mix uploaded to soundcloud MUST include the ADJF website url: http://www.ausdjforums.com

So the cut off date is 09/10/2011 11:59pm (it’s a Sunday so you will have one last weekend to smash it out)

You can only submit 1 entry per person.

Open to Australian residents and ADJF members only; UNLESS you are happy to pay international postage to your country.

Note: If you fail to supply your track list (in order) and your transition times, your submission will not be accepted.

Once the date is up we will make a thread for voting, BE WARNED ADMIN WILL BE CHECKING WHO VOTES SO IF YOU MAKE A FAKE ACCOUNT WE WILL KNOW!!!!

The Prize:

we are offering a DJ Store gift voucher of $150 this means you can either put it towards the new mixer you are buying, or maybe buy those new pair of headphones you have been needing! :D

Good luck guys, and as always may the bass be with you!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, P.S hobberz made up pretty much 70% of the tracklist :P thanks mate!

Was more of a team effort.

I cant stress enough that everyone needs to have a go at this, even if its not your preferred genre or what ever other reason. Alot of time and effort goes into these comps and there are good prizes up for grabs for you guys. Time to get involved people. :thumright:

Ive already got my mind on some dope remixes i can use for this :)

Seriously guys everyone have a crack, i did way better than i thought last time and im just starting out in this whole scene, so you never know.

Big ups to cap for again organising a wicked comp, and awesome prize :)

hey all this is awesome thanks so much for organising it!

i am preparing to fool around with some remixes now, and was wondering if we were to use/create a mashup of TWO of the songs on the list:

would it count for both songs? (ie 2/10 min requirement)

if it did NOT count for both, how to determine which song it counts for so we can use another version of the one that was not counted(maybe we just nominate one and indicate via a comment or something?)

also, can we use a mashup of a song on the list, but its mashed up with a song that is NOT on the list, simply for the reason that we really like the feel of that track?

thanks again, looking forward to working on this !