Pop/Electro Mix

Hiroshi

The boys at work want me to record them a set. They like electro/pop/whatever the kids like these days. I don't and have no idea what's popular. And I have no way of finding the songs they want/do like.

Does anyone know where the hell I can find Cobra Starship/Usher remixes/extended cuts that don't suck arse? I've tried all my usual spots (iTunes, Beatport, IMO Download, TrackItDown) and so far nothing is really coming up. Failing that, how the fuck do I go about mixing pop music into this?

- First thing to look at is the aria charts - http://www.ariacharts.com.au/

If your looking for cheesy songs that they will know, i'd be referencing singles, dance, pop and some of the songs in the club charts as well. This is good for finding track names, and the club charts also have names of popular remixes.

- Another source to find names of tracks is youtube. e.g. Search 'cobra starship remix' in youtube and see what you find. Depending on who remixed it, there may be a free download in the description, or a link to where you can buy it. If there isn't, you can then google that specific remix of that track and find a purchase (or free download if they released it for free) of it that way.

- I, among others on the forum, use Djcity a fair bit - http://www.djcity.com/

However it is a subscription service, so you pay $90 every 3 months and you get unlimited downloads. It has alot of top40 remix style stuff, as well as other house, DnB, Dubstep etc.

I like this as i pay one fee, and can download as much as i want, and I feel like i'm getting ripped off if i'm buying top40 on a track per track basis lol. They also have a bit of a range in some other stuff too, so i feel like i get my moneys worth.

- Another source is music blog sites, and soundcloud.

Search an artist/track with remix on the end, e.g. 'Cobra Starship Remix' and a list of songs will appear. Sift through there and see what you find, alot of them will also have free download links, or links to buy off itunes/beatport.

Hope this helps

just sign up to djcity.com and you'll get all the cheese you require. There is a million different remixes and mashups of the stuff that you need.

from memory it's about $90/3 months of access for unlimited downloads.

there are a few members here who are on it.

For the none of you who care, here is an update:

I hope Laidback Luke dies in a fire (I hate his remixes, but I bet the boys at work will go bananas); I tried using BPM lock to make this shit go away faster, but I do a better job on the pitch bend than the machines (refused to use it before); and how I can work in Chris Brown without sounding like shit is beyond me. As you can guess, I'm out of my element here. Can't wait to get back to my hardcore.