Basic Turntables?

SolDios

8O Are you being cereal man? i know its a matter of opinion but i dont agree with you.

not sure which clubs you go to but ive been to plenty around syd and turntables arent just available they being used!

And not sure if youve seen any vids of US events by some of the big labels like mad decent, fools gold, slow roast. They all using turntables.

yes cdjs are the majority but if you want to use TTs then go for it. Which is why i think sol should try it, he may like it.

I had those pioneer tt's for a couple of years. As a low end TT they are ok but very little toqrue, you have to be very gentle with the platter. pitch wisethough they hold ok. I would really suggets holding out for a decent tt though. I've got all of mine about half the going rate as I was in no rush, ahppy with my gear but then I spottefd an upgrade at a better price. I actually sold a pair of those pioneer tt's for $200 more than the techincs cost that I replaced them with.

If you have any cash converters/pawn shop you walk past, have a look at what they have. Often they don't know the true value of models apart from technics (sometimes not even them), you might find the super oem models in there for $100-200. AA HTD4.5, citronicpd-45, can't recall all the others, basically the same as the ST150's. patiecne is the key

everyone seems to recommend technics

maybe hit up crundy, he was selling his TTs.. dunno if they're still for sale though

im gonna jump on the advice bandwagon though and also recommend that you dont go ahead and get them, atleast not yet anwyay

work on the art of DJing rather than acquiring every piece of equipment you can get your hands on

• 3 weeks later...