Sold my controllers and moved back to Vinyl - because it mak

RealRasputin

Hey everybody,

I was djing with controllers for over 2 years now and for some reason i lost my fun at djing. I rather played playstation in the evening instead of mixing tracks with my controller

I sold my controllers, and bought me 2 used turntables, 1 DJM-900 and the MC-1000 and i found my fun djing and mixing tracks again!

WAY more fun as with the controllers - YES :-))))))))

The vinyl workflow is just the best - put the needle on, using a large pitch fader, pitching or braking on the vinyldecks, a spinning Deck, power on / off on the turntable, clean scratchings - all these little things makes the difference!!! Since i am djing with Turntables again, i do nothing else - like back in the days :-)))

Now i have like a "hybrid" system, or better to say: analog meets digital system. Classic vinyls with timecode, a classic club mixer and a small controller (for searching tracks, cue points and to don t touch the notebook - very important for me, i hate touching or searching on the notebook while i am djing - i wanna have some knobs or faders in the hand, no keyboard or mouse!! ;-) ) and it makes waaaay more fun as the controller stuff, plus i can do everything like i can do with a controller - plus maybe more, because i can use effects from Traktor and DJM-900 at the same time, which can be really sick!!!

Long lives the vinyl and the turntable!!!

I am so happy now, its hard to leave the house *tunez*

If you also lost your fun at djing - try get a classic setup - turntables and mixer and start mixing! you will feel the difference ;-)

ozsfwql19kd.png

Good to hear man :D. One day im going to come to a decision weather to go midi controller for transport or Vinyl for originality, I think im going to go vinyl though. So i can learn how to mix on vinyl :)

Yes vinyl is the best way to learn how to mix! Its always best to start from scratch...if you know how to mix with it, you will have no problems mixing with any midi controller or cd player.

For transport, midi controller is better...no doubt, but if you dj in clubs, the clubs still should have technics...overhere its stil a club standard, i don t know about your area. But in our clubs they always have technics and cdjs. So you only need to bring your timecode vinyls, interface and maybe some small controllers like i do. Always taking the mc-1000 with me. I won t spin without it, i hate working on the notebook with mouse and keyboard. :thumbdown:

Good to hear,

I've always been strictly vinyl, more for the pure joy of collecting (I'm one of those who prefers to have something physical for my purchase ). Whilst I was living abroad (UK/Spain) I was using a Vestax controller. It was simple/fun for a while but I found myself slowly getting over it within a couple of months.

When I returned to Australia I continued to use the controller due to lack of space/funds to set the turntables up again. After 3-4 months I have been able to organise my place a bit better and set the turntables up once again.

I'm completely hooked again, I will say that my mixing has gone to absolute shit but I'm enjoying connecting with the tunes again. I'm hoping to get back to the standard of mixing as I was at before I left, hopefully within a few months...we'll see :?

It's good to hear these types of stories of people stepping away from the computer (not that I have anything wrong with controllers at all, I just prefer vinyl personally).

What style are you mixing by the way?

I am mixing almost everything, i love mixing house, because of the arrangements and using of the effects, but when i have to dj in clubs i only play Hip Hop, Dubstep & Dance. I hope to bring a lil bit more house into it soon, but yet i am only djing at hip hop events. Its hard to combine both music genres, because ether the people want to hear straight hip hop or straight house overhere...not really mixed.

btw. i had a vestax controller too, the controller was great...no doubt, i just lost the fun with it...its too much computer... ;)