DJ EAR PLUGS

MisterMeaner

im looking into these as well, will i be stessing out my headphones having to turn them up louder to cue n stuff?

Don't wear them when you DJ'ing. They're mainly for when your not actually DJ'ing to save your ears in a club environment.

Although i would assume you'd still be able to hear your headphones as they just reduce everything. It's all relative.

I also have these.

Depending on how loud your headphones out, i take one out and leave my headphone over one ear and put the plug in the other ear without the headphone on it.

And put both in when i'm not mixing.

Used them when i was front row @ future too, half the whales around me had fingers in their ears, I had my earplugs in that nobody can see anyway and I was sweet.

So in summary, they work good

but i am in the club environment :( get home, ears ringing, next day everything is cloudy...i gotta do something

surely if your in the booth you can turn the monitors down so they're not blasting in your ears all night?

ANd when your out of the booth.. wear them. :thumright:

Yep i wear them whenever i'm not djing, just helps all round. you can actually talk to people a lot easier with them in, so i'd imagine you can dj fine with them, even if you don't get the ety's - cheapo 1 dollar ones will do the trick if you want to test run them for a night.

fair few mates wear them djing cause the dj booth usually is volume maxxed red lining 24/7 (specially at family/met). First thing i learnt was stay out of the red but seems in clubs ppl just red line the fuck out of it anyways

takes a bit to get used to but once you do, saves you from industrial deafness

fair few mates wear them djing cause the dj booth usually is volume maxxed red lining 24/7 (specially at family/met). First thing i learnt was stay out of the red but seems in clubs ppl just red line the fuck out of it anyways

That's one of my pet hates. There's no need to have the levels in the red at all. Once it hits the red that's when the signal starts to distort. This is a very basic thing that unfortunately few too little people actually understand.

yeh DJ's at my old club used to do that to, i used to get home n my ears were sooooo fucked...and by going into the red makes the Gigantic compressor most club will have kick in, making it actually quieter and just distorted compared to the highest green

any better suggestions for ear plugs that i want to wear whilst mixing ?

After speaking to a bunch of people and owning these myself, I'd say these are the best you'll get without going in ear monitors.

But the catch is when you wear earplugs under your cans its going to dampen the cans as well which might make them hard to hear for you.

catch22

• 1 month later...

You shouldnt be wearing them while mixing unless you do like 4/5 hour sets, they cut out certain frequencies and obviously reduce volume.

9/10 if you are in a club the main speakers will be in front of you and certainly not facing you, i can't see why you would need them whilst mixing? Turn the booth and your headphones down.

Am going to get a pair for myself soon these seem to be the most recommended.