How good is good enough???

DionDJ

Mix cloud it is. Not too sure if i would of uploaded this one, but for the purpose of this topic... here it is. Let me know what you think. :salut:

http://www.mixcloud.com/dionpearson77/beached/

Y U No Use Mixcloud tags?

edit: I find mixcloud buggy, although useful for reasons already mentioned. Plus free and no time limits. The song timestamps are cool idea though.

there are ways round it.

but basically:

soundcloud is for sounds you made

mixcloud is for mixes you made

:hurr:

Not really, majority of people still put their mixes on soundcloud. Heaps of people including myself wont touch mixcloud because how damn slow it is, i find it literally almost impossible to listen to a mix on it.

aye, mixcloud is slow and buggy, and you cant download from it.

Souncloud gets in the shit with the licensing authorities coz everyone keeps uploading copyright material then making it available for download, just coz it's in a DJ mix. It is not designed for that, just used that way by the "majority" as you say.

Hence why Soundcloud users often whinge about copyright and having to alter their mixes, but still say it is better than mixcloud.

You makes yer choice.

I just wanted to say :hurr:

The blocking is part of the copyright, you need to make sure you have creative commons and non commercial selected

That alone does not do it though. I have tried both with the same mix and both were rejected.

weird, ever since I started using those settings I've never had a problem with it

Mix cloud it is. Not too sure if i would of uploaded this one, but for the purpose of this topic... here it is. Let me know what you think. :salut:

so anyway, back to OP... I had a listen:

Nice flow, very old skool sounding tracks at the start. Reminded me of orbital DJ mixes.

You lost me at the Take That remix but thats just my personal taste and not really relevant to your skills... which were:

fine mate :thumleft:

Smooth choice of place to mix the first two tracks in the break, nice flow throughout which was respectful to the structure of each song.

I guess one of the points you were concerned about was that mix at about 25 min in? The hihats did wobble a little and that can be tricky but easily sorted with a gentle filter or just turning down the treble/top until you want to swap over which is the most prominent. The kick drums got nice and crunchy and that's the way I kinda like it. proves it was made by a human, sounds edgy, but doesnt go "wrong." I wouldnt want every mix to sound like that but it adds a real energy to the vibe.

Enjoyed the ending too. Nice reprise of the "paradise" theme and showed you are aware of topping and tailing your work/ not just fading out like a crap pop song.

am following you on mixcloud now buddy, I am djim bluefoot on that site.

so anyway, back to OP... I had a listen:

Nice flow, very old skool sounding tracks at the start. Reminded me of orbital DJ mixes.

You lost me at the Take That remix but thats just my personal taste and not really relevant to your skills... which were:

fine mate :thumleft:

Smooth choice of place to mix the first two tracks in the break, nice flow throughout which was respectful to the structure of each song.

I guess one of the points you were concerned about was that mix at about 25 min in? The hihats did wobble a little and that can be tricky but easily sorted with a gentle filter or just turning down the treble/top until you want to swap over which is the most prominent. The kick drums got nice and crunchy and that's the way I kinda like it. proves it was made by a human, sounds edgy, but doesnt go "wrong." I wouldnt want every mix to sound like that but it adds a real energy to the vibe.

Enjoyed the ending too. Nice reprise of the "paradise" theme and showed you are aware of topping and tailing your work/ not just fading out like a crap pop song.

am following you on mixcloud now buddy, I am djim bluefoot on that site.

Cheers Mate - The first track is Orbital (oldie but a goodie, one of my faves!) got a very chill vibe to it which I personally dig.

My track selection could have been better, there were a couple that didn't flow as nicely as i would have liked, however that's the price you pay when you just jump on the decks and pick your tracks on the fly. Cheers for the info about the filters, I will definitely give that a go.

In hindsight, I should have put an echo on the last paradise sample so it didn't sound so out of place, but woulda, coulda, shoulda. too late now. haha

Really appreciate your comments and the follow on mix cloud. I'll return the favor. :thumleft:

• 1 month later...