Pioneer Mixer from overseas

boostedVT

depends where overseas

for example a mixer from the us is designed for 110V use, which means you'll need a transformer to make it work with our 240V electricity.

also you may run into warranty issues in the unfortunate circumstance that it breaks

Yes I am aware of the import costs as I have been stung in the past when purchasing car audio from the states.

Depending on the price I can get the item for I might just purchase it locally and see how I go.

Do pioneer have a international warranty like for e.g apple? and do you need proof of purchase etc

Your biggest issue will be warranty. Pioneer will not honor warranty for a unit not purchased in aus.

I have seen first hand how (not specifically pioneer gear) it could end up costing a lot more than you think. 1 recent example, a customer of ours ended up spending double the amount that he saved by importing a product, which would have been covered under warranty if purchased here.

from pioneer website...

Q: Can I apply for international warranty for my newly purchased Pioneer Hi-Fi set?

A: Yes, simply fill in your overseas address in the warranty card and send it together with a photocopy of the purchase receipt to our service centre. The international warranty card will be mailed to your overseas address.

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront4/C ... tOrderId=2

2. International warranty card

This card comes with Pioneer products purchased in the Middle East, Asia, Oceania or Africa, and you have informed the seller that you want to export the product to your country.

This card also has a complete list of countries in which the warranty is valid, and where your product can be repaired.

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/faq/99999/5250/page.html

Ok I have checked everything out with Pioneer and they are happy to help if the item comes with a international warranty which it does so all good there.

My only real concern is in regards to the different voltage difference. Does anyone know if mixer will work? I dont want to stuff around with power supplies etc

Any info would be greatly appreicated it