would you consider it cheating if...

cheating from who?

dont believe the elitist hype mate. aint nothing cheating.

just think was it cheating when people used their watches, counted out the beats, wrote the bpm on the front of the album, and then organised their record crates by genre and speed.

Everyone does - or should - be analysing their tunes if they're playing them digitally. After that its up to you to sort by BPM or key or just play whatever. Usually I just sort by key as most of my tracks are about the same BPM and then choose one that goes well with the playing track and is about the same key.

3u4y8ehu.jpg

Not at all :P

wow i havent seen anything like that in yonks! it looks good :thumright:

Haha cheers dude, I'm probably the only person in the known universe who still uses CDs. Personally for me it's easier to scroll through the CD wallet than trying to look at the CDJ 350's tiny little screen.

3u4y8ehu.jpg

Not at all :P

wow i havent seen anything like that in yonks! it looks good :thumright:

Haha cheers dude, I'm probably the only person in the known universe who still uses CDs. Personally for me it's easier to scroll through the CD wallet than trying to look at the CDJ 350's tiny little screen.

I'd love to used CDs still but I love the convenience of rekordbox. I might just bust them out at my next gig

Depends on where and when you're doing it, in a club you need to read the crowd, if your just recording it for yourself then anything goes, I always try to make sure when I'm changing the genres up that I have a nice smooth transition, some track you'll find will change it up for you

Eg. Track start off as electro breaks, after the 2nd break down it drops into dubstep, then you can go from there.

I love experimenting with mixing hip hop into breakbeat which can usually be within the same bpm range.

On New Years I did a 2hr set at a friends house party, started off at 80bpm hip hop and ended up at around 115bpm breakbeat, the crowd seemed to enjoy it

surely when BPMs are far apart, the song that needs to be sped up sounds too much like the chipmunks? in some cases it works, but not ideal, right? isn't it better to gradually move up the BPMs?

Master tempo (or whatever it's called on the cdj) is you're friend

pretty sure st150s have pitch control if you use line out instead of phono.

i dont use it but i kind of recall it

and yeh pretty sure dvs can do it.

other way is if yoj have a mixer that has pitch control just go opposite to what you need.

theres also the option to re-edit the track.

but really if you getting to chipmunks you could also consider not using that track. or use another method to transition rather than beatmatching

• 2 months later...