Table for new setup

Gandy

So, picked up my first turntable yesterday the rebuild had officially started. One thing I noticed about turnies is that they are quite a bit heavier than cdjs

I need a table to start setting my kit up on, just going to be two turnies and a mixer not worrying about going dvs (at this stage)

Anyone have suggestions on desks? I'll be setting this up diagonally in a corner facing the outside and balcony so I am playing to people (can't stand looking at a wall when mixing)

Can't wait to get this all setup and take a pic for you all too see, the pimp pad is getting there

ikea have online but not delivery (from memory may have changed).

i got my desk from office works.

but yeh things to consider some repeated above

which way are you going to play - standard or battle. as this affects size of desk

weight. consider the turnies which are 20kg each, mixer, road case (see below), and even speakers if you dont have stands

height, especially if you end up with road cases (see below)

storage. the easy way is chuck a shirt or pillow case over them. you can also buy cloth dust covers (i have UDG ones). or you may choose to put in a road case (which i ended up doing). the road cases add weight and height to the setup.

IF you go road cases dont buy a double one. seems like a good idea until you have to pick that shit up. even crunddy with his hulk ass bitched about the double case.

also you dont need battle to scratch!!!!

if you are mixing with the occassional wicky wicky then you can do in standard

of course if you are scratching a lot during mix sessions then it may be worthwhile.

what is the advantage again of battle. traction when scratching? because it definitely looks more akward to fark around with the pitch

EDIT: oh yeah so the tonearm is not in the way #-o

also you dont need battle to scratch!!!!

if you are mixing with the occassional wicky wicky then you can do in standard

of course if you are scratching a lot during mix sessions then it may be worthwhile.

what is the advantage again of battle. traction when scratching? because it definitely looks more akward to fark around with the pitch

EDIT: oh yeah so the tonearm is not in the way #-o

Will be mixing with occasional wikky wikky, already got the scratchy seal vinyls haha