DJ Cupe - Hop Hip Mix [Free Download]

Cupe

oh yeh cupe forgot to mention very enjoyable mix. had it playing on the plane while i played the new magic duels game on the ipad.

not sure if i did an accidental rewind, but did you repeat a song at the beginning? like in the first six songs im sure i heard a song twice...

me too in the most part

i try never to hear a song more than say 20 times in ayear (def never more than 50).

so i dont know many songs back to front.

so my mixing process is usually chuck in a folder heaps of tracks that have that feel im going for

muck around mixing for two hours wittling the number of songs down.

then either that night ilor th next day hit record

This is awesome discussion.

I like to get super intimate with my tunes, I wanna know every single sound that's happening and when, in case I need to use it for something. My music collection isn't that big since I've scrapped it and started a High Qualtiy (wav/flac) collection now I'm starting to play out on really big systems, this might have something to do with it and as it grows it'll definitely get difficult to do. I'm already planning on some kind of rotation method for the car and at home so that when I get the internet connected I'll be prepared for the collection to expand further and further.

i guess i listen to music more than i dj, so yeh i like variety.

sometimes i hear a song and go this track is the shiz!! and its like something from three years ago that i totally forgot about.

i think once i tried to plan a mix, it was my first attempt at recording a hip hop mix. but i can just never ensure ill be able to beat match on time. and it used to get me frustrated. so i prefer a fluid style of mixing. then again even fluid i cant always beat match it properly haha

I first started DJing with hiphop and scratching/tricks around 85bpm shit

Which seems to be what most people have trouble mixing.

I duno, I learned fairly differently to most of the digital guys on here.

But anyway, knowing tricks and scratches is like the backspin trick when shit isn't mixing well on CDJs

You can always drop any hiphop track with a tricky little scratch whether it matches or not

:king:

I first started DJing with hiphop and scratching/tricks around 85bpm shit

Which seems to be what most people have trouble mixing.

I duno, I learned fairly differently to most of the digital guys on here.

But anyway, knowing tricks and scratches is like the backspin trick when shit isn't mixing well on CDJs

You can always drop any hiphop track with a tricky little scratch whether it matches or not

:king:

Lol you just gave away all my secrets!

But for real, i have found that i just muck around with a bunch of tracks in a bpm range of like 90-94 and find which tracks intro's and outro's blende well and start planning a set from there, using the odd instrumental track to add in some scratches.

Most of the time this just leads to an unrecorded practice session and i get shitty afterwards for not accomplishing anything. Lol