USB Audio Interfaces

OxyKon

Hey guys,

So I'm moving out of home soon and I need a decent/ but affordable interface for my studio monitors to connect to my Mac Pro for production purposes, does anybody have any recommendations of what I should be looking for and what would be a good product to be looking at.

Till now I've always had my computer plugged into the back of my dj mixer and pump the sound out the monitors that way, but my new place the decks will be separated from my computer.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

If you're just looking for a simple one that still works well, I personally recommend the PreSonus Audiobox iOne.

Quite a cheap little box, connects straight to the computer via USB. 1 xlr input + phantom power and one 1/4" input. Also allows direct monitoring while recording. I also think you can connect it straight to an iPad but I've never tried that.

Scottie: only output i'll need will be for my KRK's, all i'm using it for is my computer that's it

Mitch: budget would be no more than $400 i'd say, i don't want to spend too much as i'm already pretty broke for the next couple weeks, but i'm open to everybody's opinions on all products

I have a Scarlett 6i6. You probably can get away with the 2i2 or the 2i4 and be fine. The preamps are decent, you can obviously get a lot better, but you'll be paying out of your budget. You probably won't be recording much through it that will matter anyway.

• 5 months later...

Late post, jumping in on the off chance you havent purchased yet ...

I've been quite impressed by Behringer lately. Years ago their stuff used to be junk. Now the quality is a lot better. I haven't heard their desktop interfaces yet, but their other gear like the X32 is killer. Not saying you should get it, however I am nominating them as a brand to investigate further.

It's a buyers market right now.