Stealing 1 Track per CD idea, but?

Jaz

ive decided im going to steal armins way from this thread http://www.ausdjforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=4769

it seems pretty smart/good

dont have a printer for CD's so ill just write on them, will look dodgey but meh, i aint world class :P

my question is, how does he find the exact BPM? or is he just wacking them into a CD player n trusting what it says...?

and even harder, how would a noob like me go about finding the Key's these songs are in...?

yeh found a good BPM anylizer, it does whole playlists rather then 1 at a time, seems legit, have checked it against songs i already know the BPM of

have decided not to worry about Key's yet as im not even skilled enough to mix in key yet :P ill let future jaz worry about that

yeah but yer burning one disc per song. im pretty sure burning takes more than 30 seconds.

any program is gonna be off for a portion even more so on the non 4 x 4 dance songs. tsp pretty much got 80% of the hip hop tracks i brought in wrong. admittedly the bulk was just double the speed, but some were nowhere near (saying 100 when it was 72).

i had the exact same problem with rapid evolution

i was literally bout to post a thread asking how accurate its key detection is

wen i imported songs into the library, some songs already had a key given, (im guessin it had been written into the description of the song)

but if i used rapid evolution to detect the key, it would come back with a different result to the already given key

so it kinda made me question the accuracy of it?

can anyone comment on the accuracy of rapid evolution?

are you going to re-do things everytime you add cd's to get them in alpha order? might work ok now with a small number but later when you have 1000 you'll be searching lots of old stuff to find the few current tracks you are playing.

I tend to add new stuff to the back of the folder, and when I play something it goes to the back (ie empty pages) as well. every now and them sort the gaps and pull pages from the front, so the stuff at the back is what I am currnetly playing