speakers

hoddi

hey all :)

working out wat gear i was getting last night and realised the fuck-wit that i truely am, i no zip about speakers :/

Preferably on the cheaper side of things but wat do i need? (and also headphones)

so yea depending on the speakers and their price will depend on my final decision about cjds & mixer/controler therefore i cant really say a budget so can u guys just give me a bit of an idea on what is reasonable to start out with thats not too expensive? thanks :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For speakers, it might just be best to hire them, (I would of if I realised you could /facepalm) from a store near me I can hire 2 RCF 500w 15" rms speakers at $110 for the night, and if your charging something like $310, thats still $200 in the pocket.

if you wanted to buy speakers, for $800 you can get 2 audioline 15" powered 400w peak speakers + tripods + cables for $800, someone else here has them and can tell you there VERY good for what you pay for them. Great depth and are very loud. They loose abit of base if you put them on the tripods but other than that there pretty good and easily get the job done

For speakers, it might just be best to hire them, (I would of if I realised you could /facepalm) from a store near me I can hire 2 RCF 500w 15" rms speakers at $110 for the night, and if your charging something like $310, thats still $200 in the pocket.

if you wanted to buy speakers, for $800 you can get 2 audioline 15" powered 400w peak speakers + tripods + cables for $800, someone else here has them and can tell you there VERY good for what you pay for them. Great depth and are very loud. They loose abit of base if you put them on the tripods but other than that there pretty good and easily get the job done

Whats with the audio line rep you always rave on about them

Hoddi IMO get good headphones and rent the speakers/PA from dj warehouse on parra road... not to far for you

I recomend some A&H XD 53s

and just use some computer speakers

me and skank are using a logitec pack that fucking pumps will link it up later

Whats with the audio line rep you always rave on about them

I know its crazy ehy! the tupperware is as basic as bread with vegan butter spread on it, but the speakers are good C:

If you can go to a dj store to try some headphones, you got too types really ones that are big and go over your ear or ones that sit ontop of your ear

senheiser HD25's sit ontop of your ear

A&H XD 53s sit over your ear

these two i would reccomend or audio technicas ATH 700 which use the same gear as the A&H but less durable my first pair of cans were the technicas and i love them

its personal preference

its one piece worth investing in.

The HD25's are really durable and everything is replacable on the suckers

oi

sometimes saving a slight extra penny means a world of difference

krk system = $1k

shit set of speakers = $400

upgrade from shit set to midrange = $900

finally getting krk in the end anyway = $1k

Total: shitloads more in the long run

yeah fer sure hoddi at home just use what you have. im using an eleven year old micro stereo (and it still goes hard at my little house parties). and i setup my nephew with his little guitar amp you get in beginner sets.

in terms of headphones its the same as speakers all you need as a minimal to learn is something that you can hear the kick and block out the monitor. i learnt using some cheap skullcandies i picked up at thailand. worked a treat but pretty flimsy and not made for djing so eventually cracked.

on the other hand if you are buying, and since they will be the cheapest piece in your set invest for long term ones.

i rock a&h xd 53s

you cant fail w the classis seinheisser hd 25s either

but more importantly dont pay retail price for em. in any given span of four weeks one of the stores is on sale

i was more if ya got something lyin around.

on the other hand if your going to buy something cheapy for $100, then maybe its worth waiting till you can get $200 that would be better.

one possible option is to get something for $100 that you would use outside of djing, that way once you can afford proper cans you still geting the benefit off em.

there are a few in-ear monitors in that price range (i think). craze and z-tripuse in-ears. ill try to find some, but of course they have pro grade ones which are expensive as