speakers

hoddi

so do u recon if i got ones on the cheaper side theyd be ok for a while? idk if i can stretch enough to get these thats all

i have 2 piece of shit speakers that are the front left and right of a 5.1 surround sound system

job gets done

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever you do dont buy cheap headphones, i guess it's not a big deal for mobile dj's, but for playing out its pretty important that you've got quality.

sennheiser, xone, AKG or pioneer headphones imo.

Id reccomend AKG k81. They were my first pair of headphones. really bassy. And I would compare them to HD 25's. only $100 too.

I'm, also selling a pair for like $50 :)

bit late too the rodeo but ive got 2 KRK8s, and they are amazing extremly happy i spent the little bit extra

I've got the rokit 8's too..Awsome pair..crisp clear sound ouput...

I have had some problems with them. I think I got the 2 duds. But StoreDJ took car of it..

Defs Rate them :thumleft:

I do run a Sony stereo too. Stereo gives me loudness and rokits give me crispness :D

wait so let me get this straight, monitors are designed more for production as they kinda highlight the flaws in the sound whereas speakers do the opposite, but monitors still do a good job if you are just playing at home or parties or whatever.

from what i understand, monitors will give you a higher quality sound, but obviously won't go as lound as some big 15''ers or have as much bass.

i've done small parties of about 20-25 people, with one of the rooms set up as the party/club room and they go loud enough. haven't even had them up all the way, and you can hear it throughout the house and outside etc.

yup, for producing, monitors are def the way to go. like i said, better sound quality, and also, you don't need it loud for producing and listening back. You can actually hear the different elements of the song better at a normal lower volume than you can when it is louder.