What should I get? final thread decision

SolDios

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ i dont know about baggage allowances mate.

but i'm considering bags/cases at the minute. In the past I have always insisted on a hard case as I have seen eqpt degrade v quickly on tour if in just a bag. This damage is often caused by knocks or squishing amongst other kit but seems to also come about just from shaking and rattling if not encased in good foam.

But these controllers have no moving parts or delicate mechanisms to break. I guess that inside these units it's just pcbs so apart from physically knocking a pot or fader off I dont see much chance for damage.

Still i normally figure better safe than sorry so am thinking on. and would love a bit of input from any electrical engineers, controllers developers, beta testers..

Meantime i guess a standard off the shelf 61 key keyboard hard case would have about the dimensions of most midi controllers, although that is also to be confirmed.

If you really care what others think then Get turntables and then you can give them all shit!

Else just buy the best you can for what you can afford and that does what you want to achieve.

We can give our opinions based on what we have experienced but in the end what are you wanting mate, and what can you afford. Then just do it

i dont no much so take with a pich of salt :)

ive been really happy with my ddj-s1 and i think it is the best option.

1) one unit - easy and light

2) used to pioneer if/when u go club style then u r used to the feel and how they work

3) future

so i sugest ddj-t1 for u sol buddy :D

what are the relative prices of the options?

where I am it's like this:

S4 £749

ns6 £799

DDjt-1 £899

DDjs-1 £1099

not sure what regions this offer is available to but also chk this:http://newsletter.native-instruments.com/ov?mailing=1V17NBV-1EFRSRB&m2u=FFL1EHV-1V17NBV-18EM1749&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=S4+sales+special&utm_source=newsletter

i guess the scratch thing not too important to you but you might be able to sell that on? unless your keep cd dex too.

and up there^ somewhere eggs dropped some gold for ya.

ehh, not so sure id still be able to get away with taking it as carry on luggage.

see we go to cairns alot, and from what ive seen, there's alot more/better clubs up there.

oh well, I spose when I do that il just burn cd's and take em up there. :/ but it would have been nice to bring all my equipment.

what do you guys think of the size of the ddj t1 though? you would need some serious real estate in the booth to put that down :/

Edit!!!!: they just raised the price back up to 1400 on store dj :/ hopefully they will have an xmas special or something.

^ yeh, no real intent to do scratching though. And I dont really have le money atm, I get about $1k in awards from the school at the end of the year, so Il use that.

it's not about scratching, it's about using your decks to mix... but i suppose they have jog wheels anyway.

carry on

not a fan of the 4d.

it sucks that store dj have put there price back up

so heres how it will probs go

if they put there price of the ddj-t1 back to $1000 at xmas time, il get that

or

il get an s4

with either one, I will be buying a macbook pro

some headphones

and the appropriate bag with deck saver

You were never going to get anything but an s4 when you made this thread, am I right?

he wants the reassurance from us knowledgable peeps, before he spends his life savings on something.

Fair enough, all I'm saying is he has tunnel vision about going down the controller path.

As per lloyds comment. Nothing to do with scratching it was just a way to distinguish their products between dvs and software.

What it means is if in the future you decide to buy a cdj or a tt you can use it in your S4 setup and use timecode

that was more what i was getting at

You were never going to get anything but an s4 when you made this thread, am I right?

he wants the reassurance from us knowledgable peeps, before he spends his life savings on something.

Fair enough, all I'm saying is he has tunnel vision about going down the controller path.

Yeh its just going to be more afordable with me, and at least with a ddj t1 it pretty much simulates two 400's and a 4 channel mixer

the S4 imo is actually a higher quality machine, what you need to think abotu sol is not "oooo i like the pretty colours.." but waht am i going to be doing in the future...

if you want to stick to mobile DJing, i would say go the S4, it is more rugged, it is a better machine and it will help you in the long run because lets face it its made by traktor so it will flow in updated versions and will have more support from traktor

if you plan to go into venue DJing then sol my man, the T1 is for you, if is EXACTLY like the pioneer CDJ set outs, the platters react the same as the 300/400, they have the same feel and size, and when you do go to a CDJ, the change will be seemless, where as if you had an S4, things will have to be re-learnt so you can flow as easily.

so my man, the choice is yours :) happy choosing