Worth paying the extra

SolDios

Depends if you want new or old I guess. If you're going to use the functions and they'll benefit you then pay the extra. But like me for example, I use them as a cd player and usually mangle beats via an external effects unit so I wouldn't really need to pay the extra. All comes down to if you're going to use all the stuff

You can only connect 850's to traktor using them as a midi controller. The tsi file for mapping was only released last month.

If you plan on being reliant on traktor/software I would choose something else, because the HID/Midi works but is prone to problems/features not working.

That said, if you are happy mixing with CD's/usb keys/sd cards over using traktor, they are quite good.

850's.

Also Sol, PLEASE make thread titles better, eg: CDJ 800 vs 850 - Worth Paying The Extra?

Also be sure that you've posted in the correct section; this should be in Turntables & Stylus.

Just take the extra 15 seconds when making a thread, you've been here long enough to know better.

/beingawhale

I've been reading and come across something that's kinda bugging me so just guna thread bomb for a sec. Can't you use any cd player / turntable with traktor / serato?

Depends on how you plan on running it. If it is setup in a timecode, then you can use most.

Also if your CD player has HID/Midi then most likely yes. However traktor does not have mappings for ALL CD players. Meaning you would have to midi map your CD player as a controller for it to work, which is a pain and can be problematic.

I've been reading and come across something that's kinda bugging me so just guna thread bomb for a sec. Can't you use any cd player / turntable with traktor / serato?

Depends on how you plan on running it. If it is setup in a timecode, then you can use most.

Also if your CD player has HID/Midi then most likely yes. However traktor does not have mappings for ALL CD players. Meaning you would have to midi map your CD player as a controller for it to work, which is a pain and can be problematic.

yeh i had to use my 350s as timecode because i bought them first week of release and no tsi file was available that early, use HID now though of course

as of writing with the 850 tsi is now available so i think as it stands now, every pio cdj that is HID compatabale has its tsi available

Andyman that actually wasnt being a kent, i think you were being straight without being rude. Good post.

Source that avatar is gold.

Oh and sol i know jack all about cdjs so sorry but looks like the gang got you sorted. But im with you not until joining this forum i would never have referred to a cdj as a turntable. But then i kept seeing people do that including shops so i guess it is right. But mos def out my ways you wouldnt call them that